Thread: What are the Twins needs for 2011?

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

What are the Twins needs for 2011?

What are the Twins biggest needs this offseason? What will finally get this team over the top and be a world series contender?

I think we need to upgrade the following.

sp - adding a guy like Greinke or Lee would to wonders for the staff.
    mr - If Nathan is back we might not have that big off a need here. Capps to set up, this would strenthen the back of the the pen.
    catcher - I see Mauer playing the infield or maybe the full time dh.

Trade pieces

Kubel - struggles continue for him in the playoffs. Maybe new team would change his luck.
    Span - would there be anyone interested? Revere needs to play somewhere and he is ready now. Might as well give the kid a chance.
    Young - ONLY if we can get a top starting pitcher for him.

What do you guys think?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: What are the Twins needs for 2011?

I think you're fine at catcher. No need to move Mauer just yet. Lee and Greinke are just too far out of reach for the Twins. They definitely need a starter to go behind Liriano. They definitely need a SS, maybe Juan Uribe who is used to playing in the AL Central.

MLB ERA

I'm not sure the Twins need a SS. Hardy is a pretty good option. They definitely need to upgrade their starting pitching, but lets see what Gibson can do before pulling the trigger on what might be a bad trade. The bullpen could be OK if the right guys are brought back. Rauch is a good 7th/8th inning option. Capps is a proven closer, but again, the team needs to see what Nathan has to offer before making that move. I'd like to keep Capps as an insurance policy, but only if he's willing to set up for the team if Nathan is ready to go.
    Offensively, the team needs Morneau to stay healthy for the whole season. Mauer will likely catch 5 or 6 games a week and Butera could catch the other games. Mauer could DH once in a while. The team needs to bring another 1B option into camp, IMO, especially one that hits RH. This guy could DH once in a while, too. At 2B, will Casilla be ready to go full-time? I hope so. In the outfield, I'd like to see what Revere could do. He needs to play regularly, so he will likely start the year at Rochester. Bringing in a reserve OFer shouldn't be hard, but I'm not sure that Repko will be back. Maybe someone like Benson will make the team out of spring training and be the reserve OFer/1B/DH?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Hardy made over $5 million last year and is up for arbitration. He is definitely not worth that much.