Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank god the Twins season is OVER!!

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins Thank god the Twins season is OVER!!

This team is flat out TERRIBLE in the playoffs! We can't beat the Yankees and never will. It's an embarresment to be a fan of the Twins. There is nothing like giving up the series before it even started. We left to many runners on base and our best hitter did nothing to help out.

Kubel = BUST. Did he even show up? He might have but the bat was sitting on the golf course.

Mauer - What did he do? Nothing no key hits and struggled behind the plate.

Hardy - DONE - we do not resign him. OK in the field terrible with the bat.

Gardy - Poor coaching and once again could not motovate the troops to win a game.

I could name some more to my list but why? This team can't and won't beat the Yankees. I am sick of this! There like 0-10 vs the Yankees in the playoffs. When will this EVER CHANGE?????
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Re: Thank god the Twins season is OVER!!

Another year another ass kicking in the ALDS.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

See you guys again in the playoffs next year

MLB ERA

I hope NOT!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

So, are you going to find a new team to be a fan of now since you apparently don't even want the Twins to win?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Rumors have Mauer being a bit banged up. If true it explains a lot of the recent troubles.

MLB ERA

Mauer has had a sore knee and shoulder all year. He'll be OK next season.
    Side note -- Some fans are definitely "fair-weather" fans. There are those of us who remember the lean years when the team finished near the bottom of the AL. We appreciate the core of the team, although we realize that some additions must be made. I will not give up on some of the players, although I see Kubel being a relatively valuable trade-chip this off season.
    Lets see what the incoming players -- Gibson, Revere, Benson (possibly) bring to the team next season.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

mntwins"fan" seems to be taking fairweather to a new extreme.

Usually the fairweather type just quits caring about the team until they start winning again.

He's going as far as to say he doesn't even want them to win.

I'm forced to ask what's the point of calling yourself a "fan" if you don't even want your favorite team to win?

MLB ERA

It is simple. Why have your team make the playoffs and continue to lose to the Yankees. What fun is this? We can't beat the better teams. Polads don't trade for Lee and rather we send our best spec to Washington for a closer. Bad move if you ask me. What the team has always needed is starting pitching. Another year goes by and we don't go out and fill our biggest need.

Proven fact if you don't have real good pitching you won't win in the playoffs. Of the three teams that are going into there alcs series, all those teams have the pitching to win it all. Twins have not had pitching since they moved Santana.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    mntwins"fan" seems to be taking fairweather to a new extreme.

Usually the fairweather type just quits caring about the team until they start winning again.

He's going as far as to say he doesn't even want them to win.

I'm forced to ask what's the point of calling yourself a "fan" if you don't even want your favorite team to win?

If the teams does what I expect. We will be starting up our rookies. So why not have a non playoff team for a year or twon and gain some good rookies though the draft?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    It is simple. Why have your team make the playoffs and continue to lose to the Yankees.
    You have a better chance of beating the Yankees in the playoffs if you're actually playing the Yankees in the playoffs.

Rookie ERA

It is simple. Why have your team make the playoffs and continue to lose to the Yankees. What fun is this?
    It's a hell of a lot more fun than being between 18 and 51 games back for a decade. It's called being unphucking grateful that you even have a team playing past 162.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

This team is flat out TERRIBLE in the playoffs! We can't beat the Yankees and never will. It's an embarresment to be a fan of the Twins. There is nothing like giving up the series before it even started. We left to many runners on base and our best hitter did nothing to help out.
    I'm not embarrassed. Disappointed? Yes, absolutely. I don't know what games you watched, but they didn't give up before the series started. That's just dumb.

Kubel = BUST. Did he even show up? He might have but the bat was sitting on the golf course.
    Did you ever think that Kubel was going to be an everyday outfielder? He was primarily used as a DH until Morneau went down...he was probably pretty tired. Did you ever think about that?

Mauer - What did he do? Nothing no key hits and struggled behind the plate.
    Sore shoulder and a sore knee will have an affect on someone. He called good games, pitchers weren't executing their pitches. Can't blame that on the catcher.

Hardy - DONE - we do not resign him. OK in the field terrible with the bat.
    He could have done more, yes. But do we know if he was 100% at all this year? I'm saying no.

Gardy - Poor coaching and once again could not motovate the troops to win a game.
    You got any ideas? You should get into coaching and see how hard it is.

I could name some more to my list but why? This team can't and won't beat the Yankees. I am sick of this! There like 0-10 vs the Yankees in the playoffs. When will this EVER CHANGE?????
    I'm tired of you doing the same thing every year. Always bashing "your team" when they don't go undefeated and win the world series before the all star break. Teams win, teams lose, it's the nature of the game. If you don't like how the team performs, or how the coaching staff supposedly fails to coach, why don't you do a lot of people a favor and cheer for another team. There's no need to do this every year.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

Yeah sure. Your a guy that care little about your team. If they don't win and get swept you sure as hell don't care. Your comments proved that. If you don't like my comments you don't need to post a reply.

Go an be a fan of another team. If you were an actual Twins fan you might actually agree with some of the things stated. But being the homer you are you can't see what the issues are for this team.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Mauer might have called a good game behind the plate but, what did he do with the bat? He did not get one key hit the entire series. He did not drive in one run.

Kubel was another guy that did nothing in the series. Thome was the dh or should have been since day one. I don't see this as being an excuse for Kublel. He had to play in the field. He is better than what we had on the bench. My point to the post above was this, he did not get a hit in the entire series. Your best players need to perform in the playoffs.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast