Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glad to be back home series vs. Toronto(9/30-10/3)

Re: Glad to be back home series vs. Toronto(9/30-10/3)

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Pavano pitched a very good game tonight. The hitters seem to be sleeping right now, but the Rays and Yankees aren't playing much better. The Rays were shut out by Bruce Chen (of all people -- his first career shutout).
    That is the thing if the Twins would be playing just half decent they would have the best record in the American League for sure.

4-1 Jays in the 5th inning. Encarnancion hit another HR. This is getting ridiculous.

MLB ERA

Nice comeback by the team today. Casilla drove in the last 4 runs, including the game-winner in the 9th. Twins win 5-4 with Capps getting his 2nd win.
    I was not sure where the strike-zone was today. It kept moving, from batter to batter. It was annoying.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Nice comeback by the team today. Casilla drove in the last 4 runs, including the game-winner in the 9th. Twins win 5-4 with Capps getting his 2nd win.
    I was not sure where the strike-zone was today. It kept moving, from batter to batter. It was annoying.
    I know what you mean about the strike zone. I wish each umpire could set a consistent zone. oh well at least the Twins won.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

We need the Yankees to win the division. Then we get to play at home right away against the Rays.. I sure hope this happens.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

It looks like the way it is going to fall is the Twins will play the Yankees and have home field advantage in the 1st round.

The Twins lost the finale of the Bluejays series 2-1.

MLB ERA

The Twins looked like they were more interested in keeping everyone healthy than winning the game today, and I can't blame them. Blacky pitched a good game. The hitters looked like they were a bit conservative with their approaches at bat.
    I thought Gardy and Jose Bautista showed quite a bit of class meeting after the game. Edwin Encarnacion would be a good player for the Twins to target next off-season -- not to play 3B, but to DH and to get him off an opposing team. He hit 7 of his 21 homers against the Twins this season. Maybe he could hit a few for the team.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

How many years has then been where we make the playoffs, only to face the Yankees in rd 1. At least this time we get to start the series at home. Hopefully this year we can figure out how to beat them.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    How many years has then been where we make the playoffs, only to face the Yankees in rd 1. At least this time we get to start the series at home. Hopefully this year we can figure out how to beat them.
    I think pitching wise we can match -up well with the Yankees. If Fransico has his right stuff he can match-up with any pitcher including CC. The rest of the Yankees rotation is very suspectable. If we can win the 1st two games at home which is a very good chance the Yankees backs will be against the wall and I believe the Twins can win 1 game in a 3 game series to take the series.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12