Thread: 7/9/05: Twins/Royals

AA ERA

7/9/05: Twins/Royals

Twins continue the weekend series at KC this evening. It's imperative that the Twins finish this series by winning tonight and tommorow. They can't afford to lose this series or just settle with a split.

Joe Mays is on the hill. He has been solid in his last two outings. Hopefully, he can finish the first half strong with a win today.

Howell vs. Mays

MLB ERA
    I just tuned in for a minute and I tuned right back out. Twins getting rocked 10-6 in the bottom of the 7th. Mays lasted 2 innings giving up 4 runs. Steaks hero TM threw for 3 innings and gave up a couple runs. Crane lasted ZERO innings giving up 3 hits, a walk and 4 runs.

Ugh... ugh and double ugh.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    what the hell happened? When I left we were up 6-4 top of the 6th. I just get home and we got pounded? Mays Mully Crain sucked big time tonight. Whity sox got hammered 10-1. We needed the game would have made it 9 back. Where is the trades we need to make? Where has the pitching gone? 8 freaking runs should have won the game. Another poor performance by the sp. Send lohse and mays down to aaa heck in there case aa that is how bad these 2 are. Have Baker take one of the spots and trade for a sp along with a bat.

Good to see Rivas produce tonight. I think he is worried he may be out of a job if we trade for someone. Maybe the scare is finally working.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    This was a very bad loss. What can I say? This has not been a great week for the Twins and quite frankly, I haven't been happy with this team all season. This team has been frustrating to watch and I am just tired of this garbage. That's three blown opportunites this week. How much can Twins fans take of this? It's remarkable that the Twins even have the WC lead because they don't deserve it and eventually it's not going to happen if they keep playing like this. The way they have played so far this year, they don't deserve to be in this playoffs.

The offense did its job tonight including a rare good performance from Luis Rivas. They get spared of savagery from me. However, Gardenhire, Jesse, and J.C. does not get spared.

Jesse Crain failed. That's what happened. It's very easy to blame Mullholland to start the rally. Gardy should have taken him out after three innings. Mullholland is not the guy to go past three innings. Anytime more than that is asking for trouble. Jesse Crain should have found a way to get the job done. BTW, what the heck is wrong with Jesse. He looked horrible tonight. He could not get anyone out as he was relieved after giving three runs. He has been struggling lately and I am very concerned. I really hope this is nothing more than a funk. Jesse needs to get it going.

J.C. just gave the game away. You knew it would happen as soon as he came in too.

Gardenhire did not have a great night of managing this game tonight. I like Gardy personally and I love to see him do well. His strength is to have his guys play for him. Unfortunately, he is just not a good gameday manager. He continues to have a hard time figuring out when to take the pitcher out. There was two examples. First off, he, Rick Anderson, and the trainer was checking out Joe Mays as he got hit by a ball in the second inning. Gardy should have had someone warm up right away after he was checking out on Joe. As soon as Joe got hit three straight times, Gardy should have taken him out. It was clear Joe got hurt and he wasn't fit to pitch. Why did Gardy wait till the game was tied at 4? I couldn't believe it. Then Gardy apparently went with Mullholland for four innings. Gardy knows damn well that Terry is a three inning relief pitcher at best. Anyone with a brain should figure this out. It's moves like this that makes me think Gardenhire will never be the guy to lead us to a championship. He just has had a hard time figuring out when a pitcher is tired, hurt, or whatever. You look at Mike Scioscia of the Angels. He knows when to use the pitchers in a right situation as you saw this week. Gardenhire is just the opposite of it. There is a reason why Scioscia is a very good manager while Gardenhire will just be an average manager.

What a night and what a series by Mike Sweeney. He just hit the Twins pretty good in this series.

Royals have outplayed the Twins this weekend IMO. How embrassing would it be if the Royals take the series today?

This team has been tough to watch this season. I hope it does not get worse in the second half.

Obviously I am not the only one who is down on the Twins. Reusse really slam the Twins good in Sunday's Strib. He is right on the money too.
    http://www.startribune.com/stories/508/5497781.html