AA ERA
    Ninth inning coming up.

Juan did okay tonight.

AA ERA
    Nice DP to close out the 8th there.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

AA ERA
    Joe Mauer struck out three times tonight, but I am going to overlook it.

AA ERA
    Bottom of the ninth for the Mariners

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    going to the bottom of the 9th. Twins up 8-4. Looks like Nathan is going to pitch.

AA ERA
    1 more out and it's over

AA ERA
    GAME OVER!

Twins are 1-1

WOOHOO!

Good job

AA ERA
    Good win for the Twins .
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    1-1. Good win for the Twins tonight. Fell behind 4 runs and battled back for the win.

AA ERA
    This was a big win, folks. I sure as heck didn't want the Twins go 0-2. Sooner the team wins a first game, the better because you don't want the first win to become a monkey in the back. Twins got a tough schedule this month so you don't want to let the losses fester. It was good to get that win today.

I had to admit that I expected the Twins to lose after a 4-run first. It did not look good especially with the way Gil Meche was throwing strikes the way Bugs Bunny was striking out everyone with that pitch of his. Fortunately, the Twins started to hit Gil Meche hard in the fifth as he just suddenly lost it. He was out of the strike zone and then M's manager Mike Hargrove wanted to keep that lead so he took Meche out. Unfortunately for Hargrove, the reliever Mike Thornton was horrible to say the least. He was out of the strike zone and he was getting hit hard.

It was nice to see the Twins get that seven hits with all singles. It was great to see every batter hit singles as everyone scored. Jacques's two-run HR was the exclaimation mark of that inning.

It was nice to see Jason Bartlett play well tonight. He had two hits tonight.

How about Luis Rivas? What has gotten to him! He has had a good series. Got two hits tonight and Luis's hit set the tone in that fifth inning.

It was good to see every Twin get a hit out there tonight.

Johan stunk in the first inning. He was not throwing strikes and he was nowhere near close to the strike zone. To Johan's credit, he buckled down and he was fantastic the rest of the way. What a special pitcher he is. I really liked how he was dominating out there. He was dealing right after that and it was nice to see him rewarded with that fifth inning explosion on offense.

The relievers did well. I was very happy to see J.C. do good out there. This might be as good as it gets with him. Jesse gets an incomplete. I had no clue why Gardenhire took Jesse out after he hit Boone by a pitch. What the hell was that? That was inexcusable. I wanted to see Jesse work that inning and get some experience. That really bugged me. Jesse needs to learn in this situation.

Good to see Juan did okay.

Joe was his awesome self. It's a good thing he struck out the last batter to end the game since I wanted no part of him facing Ichiro.

This was a very good win. To be 1-1 is better than 0-2.

Just like they said on SportsCenter fans overreact to early. Not everyone is gonna have there A game the first game of the season. Pitchers are coddled in spring training and go 3-5 innings max and they don't even face a MLB type lineup. If two games make you worry in the first week of the season then I think you need to not follow baseball till May.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauersota
    If two games make you worry in the first week of the season then I think you need to not follow baseball till May.

It's human nature for fans to overreact or be concerned anytime a team or a player is off to a rough start. I am one of those fans that tend to react badly after losses and that's okay. I always believe it's good to get the first win as soon as possible or else it snowballs to 0-5 and then 0-9. After watching the Timberwolves start off bad, it had an effect on the Wolves and now you see how they are struggling for a playoff spot. I am one of those folks that want a strong April to start the year. We are not the Yankees or the Red Sox to overcome a bad start.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    It's human nature for fans to overreact or be concerned anytime a team or a player is off to a rough start. I am one of those fans that tend to react badly after losses and that's okay. I always believe it's good to get the first win as soon as possible or else it snowballs to 0-5 and then 0-9. After watching the Timberwolves start off bad, it had an effect on the Wolves and now you see how they are struggling for a playoff spot. I am one of those folks that want a strong April to start the year. We are not the Yankees or the Red Sox to overcome a bad start.
    Guess I am more layed back about the first week.

If spring training was longer and they played a week or more of real games with what there real rosters would be then I would care. Might just be that I am over confident that the Twins will do good and that you can't go undefeated. I mean I would rather lose the first game then win the next two then win the first and lose the next two.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345