Thread: 3b?

3b?

When are your guys in the front office going to pull it together to get Joe Randa? He'd have the highest OPS on your team for pete's sake, and that's 150 point improvement over cudduyer. He's cheap, he's great in the clubhouse and he's on a one year deal. You couldn't ask for more, it's a trade made in heaven. How often do you get to trade for a guy who will be your teams best hitter, and only have to give up a middle prospect or two, and not have to take on a ton of salary.

I'm a reds fan and a twins fan, and i want this to work out for both teams, i can't believe it's taken so long. As a reds fan all i can do is look forward to trades and the future. Without another bat the twins are in trouble. The minnesota media i read says Joe Randa wouldn't be a game breaker type that they need, but i just don't see why people would say that. Remember opening day? walk off, and then a granny in the next game. This guy is clutch, and like i said, he'll be your only 30 HR guy most likely.

Sure he's not an MVP candidate, but for the twins, he'd be a massive upgrade. And he knows the pitchers in your division. Here's hoping i guess.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    wmp.

We have a guy who got hurt in Glenn Willaims. He was putting up great numbers and was playing well in the field. Being a Twins fan you should know who Polad works. Does not like to spend money. Randa may be a great fit but I think it sits on where and how far behind we are up to the all star break. Right now the team is play great ball.

What do you think it will take to get Randa to sign a extention?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    WMP: You are a Twins fan? How come I don't see you post here.

I would love to get anyone out there. Terry Ryan should go out and be aggressive. They need a bat. They should do everything they can to get Randa. With that said, it depends on what the Reds wants. Guys like Liriano, Baker, Perkins are not coming to Cincy for Randa. They are untouchable.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    He is more of a Reds fan. Randa may look great in a Twins uniform. Only time will tell, I do believe any deals will depend if we stay 8 games back. If it is less I say there will be no moves.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    Twins need to have some breathing room for the WC lead.

Still I am thinking real big. Alfonso Soriano would make me a happy camper.