Congrats to those two. Well-deserved. The two of them has had a great season for the Twins. I am so happy for them. Johan has been awesome in the two and a half years I have watched him start with the Twins. Joe Nathan has been super since his arrival here.

Torii Hunter joins the list of four other players for the final write-in vote. I know I will do everything I can to vote for him like most Twins fans, but I doubt he will win it. Tom Powers said it best today in the Pioneer Press about how Torii's chances of him making the ASG is as good as his chances of being being an underwear model. I am just glad he is mentioned though. I expect Matsui to win it because the fine people in Japan will do everything they can to get their favorite son in.

I thought Francona did a great job with the selections. I was very happy that he picked more than one Twin which has never been the case with Joe Torre managing the All-Stars as he tries to overstuff his selections with his own players from the Yankees. I hear Francona wanted pick several more Twins, but he couldn't because every team needs to be represented. What a joke. The All-Star Game should be guys that are deserving not guys that should be represented. I always hated that rule where player from every team should go. You recall in 1999 when freaking Ron Coomer made the All-Star Game in Boston as he represented the Twins. What a joke. Commer stunk and he had no business going at all. I was embrassed with that selection. No Twin should have went that year. Selig really needs to eliminate that rule. The game would be better off for it.

I am just happy more than one Twin made it.

Also props to Ron Gardenhire for not whining about it unlike Ozzie Guillen who decided to have a silly psychotic rant of his about how sevearl of his players got snubbed never mind that he had three All-Stars already going to Detroit. Generally, most teams normally get three players at best as far as selection goes. Ozzie should realize that there are lot of players for other teams that should be deserving. What an idiot. There are lot of 14 other teams in the AL and those guys are as deserving as his guys. If Ozzie has a problem with it, maybe he should lead his team to the World Series and then his silly justice will be served. Here's hoping that is not the case.