Thread: Three Twins to the All Star Game

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

American League Three Twins to the All Star Game

C Joe Mauer, 1B Justin Morneau, and RP Joe Nathan were voted in to play in St Louis this year. Mauer will start behind the dish, and Morneau with serve as a backup with Nathan in the pen.

Personally speaking, I think Span got the shaft this year. He's been seeing (and hitting) the ball well, while his defense is always solid. He did struggle there for a while before he went on the DL, but I still think he should have gotten a chance to play this year.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Three Twins to the All Star Game

Outfield was pretty jammed, he would have had to been borderline amazing to have a chance. Nick Blackburn would have been a real solid pick if he had more decisions under his belt, that's not all on him though obviously.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Yeah, Span picked the wrong year to make an all star bid this year. Blackburn has quietly become the starter the Twins' have leaned on, being pretty consistent this year. As you said, a couple more wins and he would have had a great bid to make the AS team this year.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

Span is young enough that if he continues to play like this, he should be an all star many times. Same goes for Blackburn. Slowey, Baker and Liriano should have their share of trips as well.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon