Thread: St. Louis is Next

MLB ERA

Twins St. Louis is Next

One question the Twins will have to answer is if they are going to pitch to Pujols or not. Those who pitch to him don't like the results, but to not pitch to him looks cowardly, after all, he does make some outs.
    Should be an interesting series which I would be attending if I didn't have to work this weekend.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Re: St. Louis is Next

The Mets pitched to him somewhat, obviously walking him a few times. He did almost no damage in the series.

I'd say in a lot of situations you should pitch around him, Ankiel and most of the rest of that lineup is not looking scary at all.

MLB ERA

Perkins pitched the game I wanted him to have pitched last Sunday, when I was in attendance. 7 innings, 4 hits, 1 run (it was earned). The Twins won 3-1 with Kubel and Cuddyer driving in runs and 1 scoring on an error. Perkins is 3-4 and Nathan picked up his 18th save with a decent 9th inning (1 hit, 2 Ks).
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Perkins pitched pretty impressively, which was kind of a surprise against the STL offense. It was nice to see the Twins score early, and hold the lead.

Slowey goes tomorrow, he could be the first 11 game winner in the majors. He's been pitching really well after his rough start to the season. He'll be throwing to catcher Mike Redmond, as Mauer will have the day off since it's an early start time.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

With Wellemeyer going for the Cardinals, I'm sure their fans are hoping for a similar revelation to the one Perkins had last night. Wellemeyer has been a bit of a disappointment thusfargiving up 107 hits and 36 walks in 86.1 innings.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Not exactly Slowey's finest moment. Two 2 run homers by Pujols
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Bummer. Can't win them all though.
    -Chris

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

A good showing by Liriano today, going 7 innings allowing 2 earned runs on 4 hits while striking out 6. Morneau hits a 3 run shot in the first, and Harris goes 1-4 with a couple RBIs.

Pitching was a little shaky in the 9th, Nathan comes in to get his 19th save of the season.

Twins finish their interleague play this season going 12-6...another great year for them against the National League. Twins' pitchers went 0-21 in interleague play...the first time they've gone hitless against the other league.

Twins now head on to KC to take on the Royals for 3.
    Last edited by henks; 06-28-2009 at 06:29 PM.
    -Chris

MLB ERA

Nice way to end up the interleague part of the schedule. I wish the Twins could play like this against their own division, though. They were 6-3 in NL parks this season.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

DeRosa o'fers in his STL debut.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.