Thread: The Wild-Card Race is Feasible

AA ERA

The Wild-Card Race is Feasible

Torii thinks the Twins best shot of making the playoffs as the wild-card. Jim Souhan agrees as he was citing that the Twins may not have competition in the WC Race. I agree with what Souhan said. The Wild-Card race is more than feasible. There are not that many teams that scare the Twins at the Wild-Card race. The only team that should scare the Twins is themselves.

Twins competitors are likely Detroit and Cleveland. Baltimore does not scare me with their pitching. Yankees stink. I seen enough of them to think that they are not a playoff team. Texas's pitching is not that intimidating. Tigers and the Tribe are two teams that worry me. Indians are starting to hit their stride and the Tigers are a team that gets better each month. I fear the Tigers a little bit more. They remind me of the Angels from 2002 where they started to get hot at the right time in the final two months of the season. Tigers got the pitching and hitting to get it done. I know not many people are talking about the Tigers, but they should.

It will come down to the Twins and Tigers for the WC race. I think the Twins are good enough to win it as long as they don't go on a tailspin or slide. The important thing is the Twins need to get hot in the second-half of the season and not have any more slumps. If they can do that, they should be a playoff team.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Steak, Chicago will fall apart. Also we have near 20 games to play with them. We need to win 75% of the games and we can catch the soxs. I do believe that if we can make a deal for a sp who is good we can win it outright over the soxs and the world series might happen again. But if there is no deal made we have to play even better ball for a chance.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    I think we play 13 games with Chicago in September alone. The division will be decided in Sept as long as the Twinks don't fall out of the running. If the Twins can get back to about 5 games (or less) from the Sox, the Twins will be guaranteed the playoffs and quite possibly the division.

As for the wild card. This used to be a wasted series in my opinion, but in the last 4 years, 3 wild card teams have won the series (Boston, FL, Angels). I guess just getting to the playoffs is #1, right!

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I think we need to be no further that 4 games out by all star break to contend. I know that Chicago will fall apart. Right now they are a hot team, seems like they can't do anything wrong. But it is still a long season to go. Hope we can make a move or to to get the Twins rolling again.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    The beauty thing of the wild-card is that the Twins would avoid Boston and play the Angels if they won it. I would sign up for it. I think Boston is the best team in the AL and probably in baseball. I want no part of those guys. Let them be Chicago's problem. I think Boston will sweep Chicago if they meet up for sure. Yeah wild-card champs have won the WS, but keep in mind, those three teams were very good too. Twins are not close to that level. Boston has the leadership, the offense, and the pitching. Florida had very good pitching. Angels got clutch hitting and clutch pitching. Twins have yet to exhibit those stuff in the playoffs.

It's a damn shame that the Twins have to wait till August to beat up on the Sux. I don't think Sux are any better than us. Twins outplayed those punks. It's just a shame that the Twins don't get a shot to play them in June or July. I think the Twins can definitely beat them. I am pining for the matchup in August for sure.

The important thing is the Twins need to be contending for a playoff spot by September. That's the goal here and it would be nice to have a legitimate lead in the W.C. race by September.

While I hate to see those punks from the Southside win the division, I could be okay with it if the Twins win the W.C. and dominate those losers in August and September.