Thread: Twins Over Red Sox Again.

MLB ERA

Twins Twins Over Red Sox Again.

The Twins had a good start from Slowey and some decent work out of their bullpen -- Slowey went 6, allowing 2 runs on 6 hits and a walk (he struck out 5), Mijares walked 1 in 1.1 innings, Guerrier got 2 hitters out and then Nathan struck out 1 in his perfect inning, picking up his 8th save. Slowey is now 7-1. Span was 4/4 with a walk and 2 runs scored. Delmon Young was 2/4, which is good to see. The Twins were 1 hit from breaking the game open on several occasions, but the Red Sox pitchers made good pitches when they had to. The Sox tied a modern major league record with 6 wild pitches tonight and one of the most important pitches they threw hit Michael Cuddyer with the bases loaded, driving in run #4.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Twins Over Red Sox Again.

Slowey has been pretty impressive thus far this season. Hopefully he can keep it rolling through the summer.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

Re: Twins Over Red Sox Again.

Agreed. He has given the Twins some very good starts. With Blackburn pitching well and Baker seemingly getting it back together, the Twins have 3 pretty good starters right now. I'm not ready to give up on Liriano and I haven't seen enough from Swarzak to know if he's going to be good. I hope Perkins can come back and contribute, but I really think his best spot is to come in in the 4th or 5th inning and go through the line-up once or so. He doesn't seem to have the stuff to get through line-ups more than once at the start of the game.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon