Thread: Joe Mauer

MLB ERA

Twins Joe Mauer

How much money will he command when his contract is renewed, or he signs as a free agent?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Joe Mauer

I've heard he wants to stay in MN, it'll be interesting to see when the time comes how strong that desire is.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

The guy is a hometown guy and seems like a class act. I would love to see him come North to Toronto, but we all know what two teams would fight over him if he heads to free agency.

MLB ERA

Joe just hit his 10th homer. He's only 3 away from his career high. It was quite a shot -- upper deck in right-center. The pitch wasn't bad, he was looking for it. It was a cutter, just above his hands on the inside corner.
    In the past, it was a pitch that he'd have hit to left. Now, he's learned to drive very good pitches.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

I think the Twins have to try their be fast to keep him, he's a franchise player, hometown kid, a great versatile threat on offense and defense! He's becoming one of my favorite players!

MLB ERA

I would think a deal like Morneau's would do the trick.
    By the way, where did all this power come from all of a sudden (11th homer off Papellbon today)? My theory is that he sees the ball so well right now that he knows what pitches are coming and knows what zone the pitches will be in. If it's a pitch he can drive, he does so. If not, he tries to hit it hard somewhere, and usually does so.