Thread: Twins at Detroit for 2

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Twins Twins at Detroit for 2

First game turned out to be a pitching duel, Liriano against Jackson.

Twins took the lead in the 2nd, then Liriano went on cruise control, until the 6th when he gave up the tying run.

Twins strike back in the top of the 7th with 5 runs getting Liriano his first win of the year.

Span went 4-5 with an rbi, and Cuddy continues to hit the ball well going 2-3 with 3 rbi.

Liriano goes 7.1 innings, 4 hits, 2 runs, 3 BB and 9 k's.

First base coach Jerry White got nailed in the right foot by a foul ball, he ended up having to leave the game. Hopefully it's not too bad.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

Re: Twins at Detroit for 2

Nice to see Liriano pitching well. Hopefully, this is a sign that he is back.
    Cuddyer has been hitting pretty well recently and I hoe this is a sign that he is back, as well.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Re: Twins at Detroit for 2

Tiger fans can hope that Porcello will pitch this way the rest of the season. He certainly had the Twins off balance tonight. Blackburn has never pitched well in Detroit, and this was another poor game. I hope he puts it behind him.
    Frankly, I'd rather lose games like this than by losing a big lead. Tonight, little went right for the Twins and everything went well for the Tigers.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon