Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five questions for the patriot

AA ERA

Five questions for the patriot

1) Is it time to panic for the Twins?

Not yet. It's a two week slump. Plenty of baseball to play. With that said, Twins need to do something with the rotation. It's time to dump Lohse and move Mays to the bullpen.

2) Is it time for TM to be in the rotation?

Yes

3) What do you think of the Timberwolves hiring Dwayne Casey?

Love the move. Casey brings passion, discipline, and organization. Casey is so well-prepared and that's the important ingriedient to be a very good coach.

4) Who should the Timberwolves draft?

I want eitehr Peter Warrick or Francisco Garcia. Knowing McHale, we will get a stiff.

5) What do you think of Coach Mike being unhappy about his role as GM being stripped?

Screw him. He has done a lousy job as the Packers GM. He never fielded a great defensive team and his team has gotten blown out in the playoffs in his tenure. He is lucky to even have a job as a head coach in which he stinks at.

It would be nice to hear from you, patriot.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Never Panic, Having this being the 10th anniversary of the 1995 season. Anything can happen. Just ask the M's and Angels

No

I love this move. Casey deserves a head coaching job and has for a long while. Were going to love his work ethic and it will show on this team.

Warrick, May or Garcia. GET PROVEN COLLEGE PLAYERS

5) What do you think of Mike Sherman being unhappy about his role as GM being stripped?

Sherman should have learned from Holmgren that you cant do both jobs in this day and age. The Workload is way too much.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Thanks for answering, Porter.

I don't think it's time to panic. 10 games down is not a fun position to be in, but it's not that bad. Now if it's 20 games out then yeah it's a problem and it may be fire sale time. Twins just gotta keep winning series and good things will happen. I feel though that they have to get it going now than later.

TM can't be any worse than Mays and Lohse. Personally, I want to see Scott Baker and Dave Gassner in the rotation.

I have no idea why Sherman was even offered the position for GM and coach. Sherman got the job when Ron Wolf unexpectedly retire.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Not yet. But they do need to keep winning series now. If they're 15 to 20 games out, then it is time to shake the roster up.

Yes, but only as a stopgap for Baker or Liriano.

Never heard of him until he was mentioned in this board. I'll take your word on it that Casey has the right attitude for the job.

Warrick, May, or Garcia. Stay away from the Euros.

5) What do you think of Mike Sherman being unhappy about his role as GM being stripped?

Sherman sucks at drafting defense. Kampman and Barnett are flawed defensively, and Carroll's the next Antuan Edwards.

AA ERA
    realmofo: I think the Twins need to get a bat like a Joe Randa and I definitely think they should make changes in the rotation NOW.

Baker should be here right now. If he stinks, so be it. At least, we will get his adaptation to the majors out of the way for this year and the Twins will be better for it next year. It's way too early to call Liriano to the majors. He is not ready at all and odds are that he is better off for next year.

Timberwolves has had a horrible track record in drafting Euros like Nestervoic and Rackoevic.

Packers fans adore Sherman for reasons unknown. patriot calls Sherman out all the time yet Packers fans get annoyed by him. Pretty sad.

AA ERA
    AARGH! I hear Fred Hoiberg will be out the entire season next year because of a heart defect. This stinks for him and the Timberwolves. Tough break for Fred. I just hope his health is in better shape. That's the important thing for Fred right now.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Steak, someone in the Reds forum suggested that the Reds acquire Carlos Silva for Joe Randa.

I've never heard of Rackoevic. Who is he?

AA ERA
    Are you kidding me? No way. That ain't happening. Carlos is our second best starter in the rotation. Trading him would be suicide especially when you look at the fact the starting rotation is not that great. I think the Reds are better off accepting Bonser or Durbin for Randa.

Igor Rackoevic. I don't even think he had playing time. Even Ebi had more playing time than him.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    It would be nice to hear from you, patriot.
    I think patriot is just too busy to stop by. I know he's on vacation right now, but other than that, I don't hear from or see him too often anymore.

Just givin' ya an update Steak.

AA ERA
    That's too bad, Lynch. This board misses patriot. patriot is what makes this board goes IMO and he knows that. It's too bad that he is too busy. I miss him. I think about him all the time. He is so knowledgable in sports and he is funny as hell. He bring people here. He hasn't been here in so long. He made a cameo appearance when this board opened, but outside of that, not much. He is so invisible.

I hope everything is okay with patriot, his wife, his three kids, and his hamster. Tell him that I miss him and I sent my regards to him. I really hope he comes soon. He is such a valuable poster to this board and a great influence to my life.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Twins win tonight. Beat LA 7-5!!! Yeah for the Twins. Keep it up.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    WOOHOO!

Thanks, mntwinsfan. I haven't watch it yet since I just came from NYC. I am waiting for the game to be archived on MLB.TV

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    that what am here for to report the game. I won't say anything about the game till after you see it.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    I will say this. This was a big win especially with the Sux winning tonight (like I expect them to lose to the Devil Rays). Plus with the Orioles losing and the Indians winning, this was a big W for the W.C. race

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Five questions for the patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Steak View Post
    That's too bad, Lynch. This board misses patriot. patriot is what makes this board goes IMO and he knows that. It's too bad that he is too busy. I miss him. I think about him all the time. He is so knowledgable in sports and he is funny as hell. He bring people here. He hasn't been here in so long. He made a cameo appearance when this board opened, but outside of that, not much. He is so invisible.

I hope everything is okay with patriot, his wife, his three kids, and his hamster. Tell him that I miss him and I sent my regards to him. I really hope he comes soon. He is such a valuable poster to this board and a great influence to my life.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3v-hYHDrR8&feature=related]YouTube - Anchorman - "I miss you so damn much" scene[/ame]
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast