Thread: Crede finally breaks out

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Player Crede finally breaks out

Nice to see him swinging the bat well.

Link to story

Stuck in a hitting slump since he joined the team last month, Crede went 3-for-3 with a home run, a double and two RBIs in Minnesota’s 5-3 victory over the Baltimore Orioles on Monday.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

Re: Crede finally breaks out

Crede could make the Twins a very good team this season. His defense is well above average and his bat is proven to be more than adequate. He could hit 30 homers and drive in 100, but 25/80 is more likely. He will be sure that Morneau sees good pitches to hit with runners on, hopefully.\
    The only question is this -- can his back hold up playing in the Dome?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I bet he will play about 5 games a week. With two day off together when playing at the dome. Good to see him shaking off the slump.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I've always liked the bat of Crede. I mean, it is what it is (flaws wise), but at the price he came to Minnesota that could be quite a value. A lot of projection systems have very low expectations for him but I think many forget how good of a season he had when healthy in 2006 and while I don't know if a repeat of that is possible as back injuries nag, if he can avoid any serious DL time I think catman's projection is spot on. And those kind of numbers would be a big addition to this lineup.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Crede deserved WS MVP honors in '05. His defense was just amazing and he had some big hits as well. His defense will be limited this year with his back but if healthy, he should be the AL version of Pedro Feliz. Maybe the Twins can market Mauer and Crede as the "Back Brothers"?