Thread: Liriano and Bowyer to the futures game, Perkins to be in Double AA

AA ERA

Liriano and Bowyer to the futures game, Perkins to be in Double AA

Francisco Liriano and Travis Bowyer will be in the All-Star Futures Game in Detroit. That is so awesome. Liriano clearly deserves it. He has had a great year and for his reward, he got promoted to Rochester and now this. I couldn't be any happier for him. I am definitely going to watch the Futures Game just to see Liriano out there. I am curious to watch him on TV. I have been hearing good things about Bowyer through SethSpeaks.net and for him to be in the Futures Game, that's pretty darn good.

I just hope Liriano look good out there. The fact that he could be with the Twins real soon is making me giddy.

Also Glen Perkins, who the Twins drafted last year, is now in Double AA in New Britain. He had a very good year in Single A last year. If he can do really well in New Britian, he could be in Rochester by next year too.

While the present starting rotation stinks right now, I feel real good about the future with the likes of Liriano, Baker, and Perkins complimenting Johan and Carlos Silva.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That's good news about Perkins to me. I drafted him with the Mr. Irrelevant pick of the minor league draft in the league with Porter. Any news with Trevor Plouffe?

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Bowyer is sick. He'll be a closer for years to come in the majors. Benitez type stuff.

AA ERA
    I am so glad the Twins drafted Perkins last year. He can flat-out throw strikes. I am suprised not many teams pick him early. Oh well. It's their loss. Yeah you can say the Twins drafted him because he is a hometown boy and he played for the Gophers, but the Twins also know a lot about him and I am glad they picked him.

Can't wait to see Bowyer in the Futures Game.