View Poll Results: Fire Gardenhire ??? Is this the time to do it?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fire him

1 20.00%
  • Keep Him

3 60.00%
  • Make a major trade to shake up the team

1 20.00%
  • Don't know

0 0%
  • Who would be a top choice to manage the club. Post choice

1 20.00%
  • Do a big trade and fire Gardenhire

2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Time to fire Gardenhire......

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Time to fire Gardenhire......

With the team continued poor play should it be time to fire Gardenhire? Examples last years playoffs with the Yankees. Not going with rp that would help but rather leave a guy in to long and he gets pounded. I have several more thing to add but I will leave it here for now. I just want to see what you guys think.

Poll to follow.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    Gardy will not be fired and neither should he be fired.

The problem is the starting pitching. The starting pitchers need to start throwing strikes and start using their sinkerballs effectively. A new manager is not going to change Kyle Lohse, Joe Mays, or Brad Radke. If those three stink for a new manager, it won't make a difference either. It's up to the starters.

The M & M boys really need to start showing some heart and desire. The Strib were pimping those two up in the baseball preview section as the next Mantle and Maris which was absurd. Mantle and Maris accomplished something and they know how to win when the bright lights were on. Joe and Justin has yet to do it. It's time for them to live up to their billing.

Gardenhire is not the problem. It's the players. This situation is not as bad as the Reds situation where players became unhappy to the point that they quit on Dave Miley, who was fired today.

Rookie ERA
    Steak, I agree. A manager can only do so much the players have to start earning their keep. The manager doesn't pitch or take his at bats. We've got a young team for the most part. If we had an entire team of Torii Hunters we'd be fine - he has a great work ethic and goes out and plays hard each and every night.

It is our annual pre-All Star break slump - just a little earlier than usual. We'll come out of it and the light bulbs will turn on and we'll be fine.

AA ERA
    All a manager can do is prepare his players, have his players perform for him, and put his players in a position to succeed. Gardy has done that for the most part. That's all he can do. Sports is all about players producing. Players make managers and coaches look good.

Yeah it's early, but the AL Central is so good this year that if a team has to win the division, they gotta win series after series not lose series after series. They gotta perform each month and have a winning month.

MLB ERA
    Steak if he gardenhire is not preparing the team then he should be fired. I know that he can only try to tell them what to do, but if the players don't perform then he should be held responsible. Look what happened to the Reds manager, he got fired. I think a new face make make them play better and win more games.

Thanks god for Silva today! A complete game for him and a Twins win.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    Gardy always has his team prepared out there. Preparation is not the problem. Starting pitching is the problem. If the starters can't pitch, Gardy can't do much. The only thing he can do is make changes in the rotation which should happen. The Twins situation comes nowhere near close to the Reds situation. Reds fired Miley because players have quit playing for Miley after Miley apparently turned his guys off with taking the massage chairs off and taking Danny Graves's jersey of the locker room when Graves were released. That was an ugly situation. That ain't the case with the Twins.

A new face is not going to make Kyle Lohse and Joe Mays pitch better. Those two guys flat out stink. It's on Gardy though to make changes with the rotation.

MLB ERA
    Fire him. Fire his dumb ass and bring in Paul Molitor.

Gardy sucks folks. He's a moron. He was a crappy 3rd base coach and and equally crappy manager. As you can see, when he doesn't have a clue, he REALLY doesn't have a clue. The team has lost 10 of it's last 14 games in the past 2+ weeks. Let's take a closer look at the teams they lost to: (don't forget most of these games were at home too)

• They lost 2 of 3 to the Dodgers, a team that has gone 2-8 since then and a team that is 4 games under .500
    • They lost 2 of 3 to the Giants (at home). The giants are currently 13 games under .500
    • They lost 2 of 3 to the Padres (at home). Granted, the Pads are leading their weakass division, but this shouldn't happen at home. Especially when those two losses were Radke and Santana, who both got completely rocked! Guess who gave up a 1st inning home run in his loss!? The same guy who has an ERA of like 14.5 in the first 2 or three innings of a game!? Oh yeah, some loser named Brad.
    • They lost 2 of 3 to the Tigers (at home). The Tigers are playing .500 ball and are now currently in 4th place in the division, 3.5 games behind the Twins.
    • Yesterday, they lost to Milwaukee 3-1. Guess who gave up a 2nd inning rocket to the outfield stands... yep, your boy Radke. Probably wouldn't have mattered since the Twins bats are silent beyond belief lately.

Gardy couldn't manage a fry vat at an all-nite bowling alley. I don't care how well he gets along with his players... if he's turning my favorite club into a crew of losers and he can't figure out how to right the ship, then ship his ass back to Little Canada and tell him to go be a 3rd base coach for some little league team.

The team needs a shakeup. I don't know who I'd consider trading other than Hunter. He is the only guy that could really bring anything, based on his fielding. I'd rather replace him with someone who can hit 35+ HRs a year and can at least bat his freakin' weight. I'm not sure if his defensive skills are as important as a guy who can scare the shit out of pitchers... something MN hasn't had since... well since the 70's for sure.

Dump Gardy. Trade Hunter. Bring in Molitor.

Oh yeah, and can that worthless ass of a batting coach. Just about anyone has got to be better than him.

How much is Hunter making? If it's a sane amount, send him to the Braves for a good SP.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I don't want a starting pitcher, I want a guy who is a .290 batter who can bang out at least 30-35 (hopefully more) HR's a year.

Hunter makes 8,000,000 this season.

How about Andy Marte? Very good spec. 3B

AA ERA
    I doubt Braves are trading Marte. I hear Chipper could be on his way our next year which is why Marte is not going anywhere.

As for trading Torii, you know what. I wouldn't be opposed to it. Yeah he is a great highlight reel, a gamer, and he saves a pitcher a lot of runs, but you know what. If this guy is deciding whether he wants to say or not based on what the Twins do with Jacque, let him go. They haven't won with him either. Who else should go? Kyle Lohse, Joe Mays, Shannon Stewart, Jacque Jones, Brad Radke, and etc.

I know everyone is going to say me and Lynch are overreacting, but c'mon. This team has done too many stupid things at times. I gotta say that I was not that upset about the loss last night and maybe tonight. Why care if the team doesn't care? I want to see infusion of youth like Baker and Liriano here so if it means fire sale to get them here, so be it. I rather rebuild now than get it over with.

As for Gardy, look he does make stupid mistakes at times, but I can't fault him here. The players should take some accountability for what has gone on this year. Mauer and Morneau have been very dissapointing in June. Joe and Kyle has no business being in the rotation. Gardy should start being proactive and get those two out of here. If Gardy does not do something about it real soon, then yeah he should get the blame for what's going on. If he does not think Mays and Lohse can get it done, he and Terry Ryan should see to it that those two are out of the rotation.

Well, we have a guy called Betemit that plays third base...he's only 24...and he's starting now...batting .300...

AA ERA
    Isn't Betmeit a SS?

He starts 3B.

MLB ERA
    Lynch I am glad you agree with me about firing Gardenhire. He stinks as a coach. torii won't be traded he is the leader of the team. I will say this Silva and cytana are the two guys that will not be traded, but i will say trade the other worthless 3 starters. Call up Baker or anyone else for that matter who is ready.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL