Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pohlad Dead At 93

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Pohlad Dead At 93

Great article catman...proves the point that he wasn't a stuffy old hag.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    Call me out as a Twins fan?? I have been a fan for over 35 years. Please dont ever call me out. Tell me what polad did to make us better last season? NOTHING.. If you spend money the fans will show up the stadium will fill up. What do we do nothing and have over half the stadium with no one in the seats..

Look no further than the Seattle Mariners. They spent a ton of money and lost a lot. But the fan expierence at the Safe is second to none. No one really watched the game when they were losing but they did put on a good product to keep fans going.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

I would have traded for Beltre. May not hit for a high batting average but would hit homers and drive in runs.

Now to Young, I would not have made that deal. Look what Garza did in Tampa. Good year and went to the world series. Young I hear is being shopped around. Wonder why? No power and he struggled for us.

We need a 3rd baseman, power hitting dh and a quality rp and were set. At least I am thinking this way. The money we gave Punto we could have used at trying to sign Crede? Lets here what you think the team needs to do this off season..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

At least you didnt sign Tyler Walker.

Beltre's injuries is what chased people away from trading for him. Young is still only 22 or 23 years old people. Stop trying to get rid of a guy a year after he comes over. Garza had a great year but Young still hit .290 last season and has hit .292 in his short career. The power and speed will come around as he gets older. The Twins would be ill-advised to trade Delmon Young.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12