Thread: Twins need to consider resigning Jacque next year

AA ERA

Twins need to consider resigning Jacque next year

Jacque is going to be a FA after this season. This is a decision the Twins really have to make. It's an important decision. The only reason why Jacque was here this year was because Jason Kubel injured himself in the Arizona Fall League. Turns out it was a great thing that Jacque got to stay. He has had a fantastic year with the Twins. He has been great defensively. He has swung the bat well. He has done a great job as a leader. It seems there is a chemistry between Torii and Jacque and Shannon. He has brought intangibles to the team that is irreplacable.

From what I hear, Jacque wants to stay and he wants to stay at a reasonable rate. I think a two or three-year contract is not too much to ask. As good as I hear about Kubel, there is no gurantee that he will do well in the majors. At least, we know what we are going to get with Jacque even if he frustrates us with strikingout or gronding into DP.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Is the outfield trio of Hunter, Jones, and Stewart still known as the Soul train, with Stewart replacing Matt Lawton?

AA ERA
    It's not known as the Soul Patrol.

That nickname was gone when Matt was gone.

Speaking of Matt, it's sad how he has fallen off the map since being traded from the Twins. This guy was pretty darn good when the Twins were bad.

At least he's having his best year since he left the Twins this year.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

The Braves could use a guy like Jones.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Rookie ERA
    From what I understand one night listening to Bert & Dick, the outfielders still do call themselves the "Soul Patrol". It wasn't that long ago either - last homestand I believe.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalissimo
    The Braves could use a guy like Jones.
    Jim Fregosi, Braves scout, was at the Metrodome to scout the Twins couple of weeks ago and then he was in Phoenix when the Twins went there. I hear he has been scouting for Jacque Jones according to the Braves Scout.com website. I still think Jacque will stay with the Twins for this year one way or another.