Thread: 6/13/05: Giants/Twins

AA ERA

6/13/05: Giants/Twins

Twins begin the homestand tonight against the San Francisco Giants. I think it's the first time the Giants went to the Dome. The Giants have been bad all year so it's a good opportunity to take the series. Twins haven't lost a series in an while till Sunday. This is a bump in the road hopefully. Twins gotta keep winning series and forgot that rough day in LA Sunday

Twins fans will be deprived to see Bonds, but you know what. I think it's a great thing. First off, it gives the Twins a better chance to win. Second, Barry Bonds is a punk and steroid user. I don't find guys like him to be enjoyable and watchable IMO. I am glad Bonds has not played this year and I hope he never plays. It would bother me if he broke Hank Aaron's record of HRs after what Hank had to go through in breaking Ruth's record. Guys like Bonds and Pay-Rod should never break Hank's record IMO.

With the Giants in town, it means Latroy makes his return to Minneapolis. I hope he pitches in this series and I hope he gets booed. I hope the Twins beat the crap out of him. I had a problem with the way Latroy left town. He attacked the organization on his way out the door. He made his decision to leave late in 2003 when he whined about how the Twins never respected him and all. Latroy is an idiot. Twins were so patient with Latroy for so many years and he has the gall to rip them. All I will say is SCREW HIM.

Johan is on the hill tonight. I only wish he was on the hill for Sunday's game against those damn Dodgers. Had Johan been there, Twins take the series and we don't hear that stupid chant of HEE SEOP CHOI at Dodger Stadium.

Foppert vs. Cy-tana

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Twins win 4-3 in the bottom of the 11th. Stewert single home Cuddyer with the winning run with 2 outs in the inning. Good game all around pitchers did well and the hitting tonight was just enought to get the win!

Chi-suck-os lost big. Finally we get a game back.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    Great win tonight by the good guys. To come back to tie the game and then win it in extra innings is awesome. It was good to bounce back from a tough loss Sunday afternnon.

It was good to score some runs after struggling against Foppert in the first four innings. Twins had runners on the corners, but they could not get that big hit off Foppert. Fortunately,they made him pay in the fifth with the bases loaded. Omar Vizquel was about to get the third out, but Durham could not catch the ball as Luis Rodriguez was safe at second. Tie ball game at 3. That was one of the mistakes that the Twins capitalize. Another mistake that the Twins capitalize was when Pedro Feliz could not get Torii out in a rundown in the sixth. Torii was about to steal, but the pitcher threw to second and Torii was in a rundow. Feliz caught the ball, but he forgot to tag Torii as Torii made it back to first. Torii eventually scored on a sac fly by Justin to make it 3-2.

Michael Cuddyer led off with a aingle and advanced to second on a bunt. Then Shannon did what he does best which is getting the GW hit. Speaking of Michael, what a night for him. He homered to give the Twins their first run of the game and then scored the GW run. Three hits tonight for Michael. He has really played well lately. That's great to hear. I know I have been hard on him, but I am glad he is getting it done. As for Shannon, when he gets the GW hits and the big RBIs, it's always beautiful. I can't say enough about Shannon. He has been clutch since coming to the Twins.

Johan was solid. He struggled in the first few innings, but he settled down. It could have been really worse. He had the bases loaded in one inning and he had runners on the corners. Fortuantely, he gave up only one run and minmize the damage. He did good enough to give the Twins a chance to tie and eventually win.

The pen just impresses me each time out. Juan, Joe, and Jesse was fantastic. It was nice to see Joe shutdown his old team in the tenth.

I got the Giants announcers tonight on MLB.TV. Boy were they boring. They were making jokes of Dan Gladden all night long. They even took shots at the fans who were at the game. How do Giants put up with them is beyond me? Krukrow was okay. They never talked much about the Twins at all. I got them for two more games. UGH! I can't tell people in the Twin Cities how lucky they get to watch Dick and Bert because the other announcers for other teams are so freaking bad.

Nice to get that first win out of the way. Let's go for the series win tommorow.

BTW, I love the Chi-suck-os name, mntwinsfan. Beautiful name. It's good to be up 4 games with Arizona spanking the Sux for the second night in a row.