Thread: Questions on Mauer being healthy continues

AA ERA

Questions on Mauer being healthy continues

Jim Souhan talked a bit about Mauer's durability in Friday's Strib. Rick Stelmaszek , Twins bullpen coach, talked about how Mauer being nicked up with injuries is frustrating. I think Joe has done a good job playing a lot this year, but the questions will continue to remain. I know Patrick Reusse keeps talking about how Joe should play at third base.

I am keeping my fingers cross with Mauer being healthy. I want to see him as a catcher. He brings so much to the table with working with the pitching staff, blocking balls, and throwing runners out. I hope he continues to be healthy as a catcher.

Joe has to live through those questions though. Those questions will continue to persist for a long time unless he can be healthy. I am just glad he is playing a lot so far this year. I hope he continues to hang in there.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/150/5449567.html

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I think Mauer may need to tough it out a bit more. He can play with it, i can see him getting two days off a week maybe give them both days back to back so he can get stronger ( healthy). We do need his bat in the lineup what about dh some games?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    I have no idea why Gardy does not do that. I wouldn't mind seeing Mauer DH during the week. He is a lot better fit than Lecrap.

I believe Torii was calling Joe Mauer out along with Justin for not playing with pain last week.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    That may be the case but I dont understand his thinking Gardy, He gives them rest when they should be out on the field. Play if you can play if you are really hurt then stay on the bench, but dont fake it just to get some extra time off. When I now we can use them on the field.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA
    We can use Joe Mauer on the field and in a pinch hit situation but by using him in the DH role is taking your chances. We only have Redmond and LeCroy as backup. Redmond I don't mind, I like the way he plays but if scares me with LeCroy behind the plate. He doesn't have a very good range of motion or the quick reflexes needed back there. But if we used Mauer as DH and Redmond went down for some reason then we are screwed! We only have so many extra bats on the bench.