Thread: Twins tell Liriano to suck it.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Minor Leagues Twins tell Liriano to suck it.

WTF are they waiting for??!?!

Liriano starts Sunday -- in AAA

Liriano starts Sunday -- in AAA
    By JOE CHRISTENSEN, Star Tribune
    Last update: July 25, 2008 - 10:38 PM

CLEVELAND - Francisco Liriano's 9-0 run at Class AAA Rochester hasn't earned him a big-league promotion.

At least not yet.

Liriano will make another start for the Red Wings on Sunday, Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said before Friday's game at Progressive Park.

"He's not here," Gardenhire said. "I don't think he's going to opt out of it. I think that's his rotation spot, and that's where he'll be pitched. I can only control my guys here. I can't control those things."

The Twins remain hesitant to bump any of their current starters from the rotation, and they view Liriano's best role as a starter, not a reliever.

In his past five starts for Rochester, he is 5-0 with a 0.29 ERA, with 42 strikeouts and five walks.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Twins tell Liriano to suck it.

This has to be the dumbest shit I have ever heard of. The Twins are in the think of two races, the WC and Central, and they insist on keeping one of their best pitchers in AAA. Dumb!!

MLB ERA

One of the dumbest things I've heard in a while. Twins GM should be fired.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sure, I suppose they could use a second mop up pitcher.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

I thought it was manager's job to promote/demote players? Still, I still don't like to see Francisco stuck in AAA. Pathetic move by the Twins.
    Twins All-Time Record since the day I exist
    3,955 total games (1964-1991), .496

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Maybe this will be his last "tune up" start before he gets called up?
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins have a fat ass bastard in Hernandez sucking up roster space. He gave up 5 runs in the first two innings and he still is at the major league level. WTF is wrong with the management and owner? Do whats right call up Liriano and cut all ties with Hernandez..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Quote Originally Posted by henks View Post
    Maybe this will be his last "tune up" start before he gets called up?
    Oh, I wish it was a month ago.
    Twins All-Time Record since the day I exist
    3,955 total games (1964-1991), .496

MLB ERA

Honestly, I can't understand this move by the Twins. Hernandez gets lit up nearly every time out and Liriano is clearly ready to resume his major league career.
    Curious.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

AAA ERA

Smith said the Twins have three options for Liriano: the starting rotation, the bullpen or leaving him in Rochester. In Detroit before the all-star break, manager Ron Gardenhire said a six-man rotation could be a possibility with Liriano, but Smith said that would not happen.
    Found this, obviously the manager wants to win. It's the stupid GM that doesn't want to do this. Probably so Liriano doesn't build up service time. While it's cool not to pay him, guess what? You lose him in the long run. Does anyone think Liriano won't bolt in Free Agency after the way he's being treated? Didn't the GM call him "Some AAA pitcher" or something to that extent? Enjoy him while you can Twins fans.

Especially when you got the assistant GM saying crap like this:
    "I think from the very beginning both Bill and I have been very consistent in talking with both him and his agent," Antony said. "We told him it's a two-part thing. He needs to dominate, to pitch better, and then there also has to be a spot, and as long as all these guys are pitching well, we're not just going to create a spot unfairly to someone else. As far as throwing hard, the sliders, all that, we told him those are some of the things that when he did that obviously he'd be pitching better."
    How can he say something like that with a straight face!?
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

That's a load of BS. Who says that Hernandez is pitching well? He gives up runs in the opening innings, and the team can't always fight back to get the win. You have Liriano, who's given up 1 run in his last 7 outings...hmm my math isn't that good, but I'm pretty sure you have a better chance with Liriano, who's dominating AAA ball right now.

Memo to Bill Smith:
    Promote Liriano.

Or your head will be used as mulch for the new stadium grass.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

I think Liriano will be back soon. He definitely has shown that his stuff is ready for the bigs again. Maybe he could replace Perkins in the rotation and Bass could be released or sent to Rochester?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon