Thread: No one was willing to trade with the Twins.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins No one was willing to trade with the Twins.

The Twins are starting to have a hard time making deals these days becuase they are known for consistently getting the better end of the deal. The Twin's know their players and they have a pretty good read on who will produce in the future and who will not. Most teams I'm sure are skeptical when the twins make them an offer now becuase they have to stop and think "Whats wrong with this guy, why are the Twins getting rid of him, what do they know that I don't?"
    I wouldn't trade any of our young starters right now and I'm glad the twins didn't. Just imagine if these kids keep developing on their current pace and Liriano comes back to even 75% of his past dominance. This rotation could be kept together for 4-6 years with all good productive pitchers. Also are farm system has some good looking pitchers for the future. Pitching will be our key to a long run at the top for many many years. Couple that with our improved offense and you have a recipe for alot of wins. The Twins almost always make the right move so have some faith that they did this time as well.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Re: No one was willing to trade with the Twins.

Well, what did you guys really need at the deadline? I heard the second baseman got hurt....but I don't get the feeling it's a huge need. If you want, we'll send you back Luis Castillo, we'll even pay half his salary and throw in a mid level prospect.....

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    The Twins are starting to have a hard time making deals these days becuase they are known for consistently getting the better end of the deal.
    That's not true. The Twins didn't get anywhere near the value of Johan Santana back in return when they traded him.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Matt Garza deal wasn't that amazing either.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    That's not true. The Twins didn't get anywhere near the value of Johan Santana back in return when they traded him.
    Not yet.

Give it a few years. Everyone said the same thing when we traded AJ to the Giants for Bonser, Liriano, and Joe Nathan. Now look at that a few years after the fact...
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Please, the only people who may have said the same thing were A.J. Pierzynski fan boys and myopic Giants fans. Pierzynski's value wasn't/isnt/will never be anywhere near that of Santana's.

A's Re: No one was willing to trade with the Twins.

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    The Twins are starting to have a hard time making deals these days becuase they are known for consistently getting the better end of the deal. The Twin's know their players and they have a pretty good read on who will produce in the future and who will not. Most teams I'm sure are skeptical when the twins make them an offer now becuase they have to stop and think "Whats wrong with this guy, why are the Twins getting rid of him, what do they know that I don't?"
    I wouldn't trade any of our young starters right now and I'm glad the twins didn't. Just imagine if these kids keep developing on their current pace and Liriano comes back to even 75% of his past dominance. This rotation could be kept together for 4-6 years with all good productive pitchers. Also are farm system has some good looking pitchers for the future. Pitching will be our key to a long run at the top for many many years. Couple that with our improved offense and you have a recipe for alot of wins. The Twins almost always make the right move so have some faith that they did this time as well.
    They sure didn't make a good read on David Ortiz. They gave up on him too early.

You think the twins do good look what the A's got for Mark Mulder a few years back. Kiko Calero, Daric Barton, and Mark Mulder. Then got Greg Smith, Carlos Gonzales, Dana Eveland, plus a few other prospects for Dan Haren. All that for Mark Mulder. Now that is a good trade. Plus look at the Swisher trade, and Blanton Trade. All good trades for the A's. Only bad trade was the Hudson Trade.