Thread: Go Go's situation/Gardy's stubborness

Twins Go Go's situation/Gardy's stubborness

Here's the link, Jim Souhan: Gomez's sporadic electricity needs to be re-routed in lineup

I just read this article on Star Tribune about Carlos' struggles as a lead off hitter and why Gardy is reluctant to even move him down the lineup or possibly bench him.

I have to agree with what Souhan has to write about. I know Gardy is very hardhead, not letting the idea about modifying the lineup go. Gomez's better off not leading off, do you think? He's still exciting, but not as electrifying as he was in April/May. He surely needs it back and play the defense as he have the best range defense.

I know several of us here at this Twins forum are getting frustrated with GoGo still stuck at leadoff spot. After the Texas series, he has proven he's NOT the one who will handle it. Too much pathetic at bats, going after bad pitches.

But when will Gardy let this go and make the damn change that is overdue?
    Twins All-Time Record since the day I exist
    3,955 total games (1964-1991), .496

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Go Go's situation/Gardy's stubborness

Why not bump him down to the 8th or 9th spot, and shifting everyone up? Mauer has batted 2nd a few times earlier this year, or have Gomez switch spots in the order with Span, or put Casilla at leadoff, Span 2nd, then Gomez 8th and Harris 9th?
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

Gomez and Span could swap spots, with Gomez moving to the 9th position and Span leading off, for a while.
    When Cuddyer comes back, he gets RF much of the time and Span could move over to CF, giving Gomez a day off.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

It's working a miracle. Just swapped spots between Span & Gomez.
    Twins All-Time Record since the day I exist
    3,955 total games (1964-1991), .496