Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
The ONLY thing the series in NY showed me is that were not ready. Our club is very young and the pressure in New York was to much for the club. If we want to contend we need hitters badly. Twins either go out and trade for a big hitter or two or the season all be it will be over playoff wise.

When will Liriano be recalled up to the majors? This is getting to be a damn joke with how were not using him. Hernandez is not the type of sp we need right now. If anything he would be better suited for the pen. Why not put him in a set up role for Nathan. First time around the order he does ok then after that he get hit.

nyjunk,

Your club is a pretender at best. There is NO chance in hell your club makes the playoffs. NONE PERIOD! Try having our owner who does nothing and see how far your team gets.. Your minor league club does little vs the Twins. We always have pitching and your club trades almost everyone to add a old vet to make an attempt to win a world series ring. That has not happened in quite awhile!

Rays have a great young club and Boston will still be there. How does it feel to look up to a team that has been a bottom feeder for 10 + years???
Keep making excuses, there's was no way in hell we were going to make the playoffs last year either.

We haven't won a WS ring in quite a while? Did I miss all those Twins Championships in btw? In a 3 year span from '98-'00 we have more Championships than the Twins in their entire history. Let that set in.

How does it feel to look up to a team that has been a bottom feeder for 10+ years? What kind of silly question is that? It's not like Tampa is playing like they did in previous years, they have a good, young team but I'm confident we'll pass them and at least get the WC.