Thread: Torii and Gardy calls out Morneau for not playing hurt

AA ERA

Torii and Gardy calls out Morneau for not playing hurt

What do you folks think of that? I am dissapointed that they would call out Justin in the media. If they have a problem with it, why don't they talk to Justin in privately. There is nothing worse than whining to the media about someone. If you got a problem with a teammate, take it with him not with the media. It's a good thing Torii is backing it up with his play or he would look bad ripping on someone.

While it's a good thing to go motivate someone to come back and try to play hurt, they should take it to the player than taking it to the media.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I believe they have talked to Justin in private, my guess is nothing happened, so they took it public. I think it has made Justin play better. Hunter I believe is leading by example so to me there is nothing wrong with it. Better to come from a vetran like Hunter than say anyone else.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Rookie ERA
    I agree. If Hunter wasn't playing so well and he's been playing hurt from what I understand then I would have a problem with it. But there are certain minor injuries that you just have to play through - suck it up and go on. Especially if you are in a slump like Justin was. I don't have a problem with what went on since they tried to talking to him on the side and got no where.

Justin is young and has been coddled I believe since coming into the bigs. He needs to grow up and become more of a leader - like a Torii Hunter. Torii is playing with a broken toe and those things hurt! But he still goes out and gives up his body into the walls and ground for that fly ball.

AA ERA
    DG: Check your user CP. I gave you a + rep on your take on this thread.

Rookie ERA
    Thanks Steak! I try to do my best to contribute to this forum!

AA ERA
    This was a great point that you made. I hope Gardy address this to Justin privately before he went off on the media. If not this does not look good. I read a blog call sundappledwood.blogspot.com and the author called Gardy out for questioning Joe and Justin out. I don't know what exactly happened, but I wish it never came out in the media unless it got really bad.

I thought Terry Mullholland calling out Kyle Lohse in private was much better than Gardy or anyone calling Kyle out in public.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Sometimes I do believe that in public a talking will help make the player better. Let the world know how bad a player is performing.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL