Thread: Twins take 2 of 3 from Detroit

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Twins Twins take 2 of 3 from Detroit

Nick Blackburn allows only 3 hits and 1 BB in 7 shutout innings as the Twins take the rubber game in their series against Detroit in the Dome. Blackburn's record is now 7-4 with a season ERA of 3.78.

At the plate, the only Twin held without a hit was Justin Morneau. The Twins had good production from Gomez (3-5), Mauer (2-4), Young (3-4), and Punto (2-3). 6 of Minnesota's 7 rbi's came with 2 outs.

Nice to see the Twins take a series against a divisional opponent. After taking tomorrow off, they will take on Cleveland for a 3 game series, then head out on the road for a 3 game series at Boston, then a 4 game series at Detroit before the All Star Break.

Keep it up Twins!
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Re: Twins take 2 of 3 from Detroit

6 straight series wins.... Whoo, baby! At the same time I'm kind of irked with Cleveland's inability to beat out the White Sox. That would be so amazing, the Twins should of have been the division leader right now. But the WS has been playing extremely well lately.

I will post a video of Nick Punto's spectular play later. Whenever it comes out. (Update: Nevermind, you can go to the website and see it)

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

So Izzy are you a Twins fan? If so welcome aboard!!

To win 2 games vs Detroit was a must, if this was the other way around Detroit would have been a game and a half behind us. We now have a little breathing room. Only team we have to face that may give us a challenge is Boston. I would like to see us go 7-3 or 8-2 over the next ten games. If this happens were going to be players in signing / trading for a player we needed to help us contend.

What do you think the team needs are? I think third base is taken care of with Boucher getting the chance to play.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Yes, I'm a Twins fan. I've already explained about that as I did my introduction here. I suppose you've not read that yet.

Winning 13 games in 15 games are amazing, but later I think the Twins will fall back into the reality. I just don't know when. The team is pretty young and much different team from last year's team. The keys to the Twins' latest surge is good pitching and good hitting to support the pitching. Whenever the pitching fails, the offense simply will pick up with a couple runs inning, that was what they have been succeeding lately. If the offense can't make any surge, the pitching will make sure the other team won't benefit themselves with some runs off the Twins pitching staff. As much as I would love for the Twins to contend for rest of season, let them.

Baseball Video Highlights & Clips | MLB.com: Multimedia

Here's the link to Punto's defensive gem. I thought it was the highlight of game today or it would have been read as Twins win, 7-1.