Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Santana trade paying off?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Prospect Santana trade paying off?

It's far too early to say that the trade has paid off for the Twins. Granted, Gomez is doing better than some expected, but is still very raw in center field. Humber and Mulvey are doing alright, but this next article might surprise you.

Deolis Guerra throws 3 hit shutout.

Again it's still too early to say that the trade has paid off, but this is something else to look forward to in the future.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

MLB ERA

Re: Santana trade paying off?

Don't get too excited. If I remember correctly, Guerra did throw a couple very stellar games for the Mets in the lower minor leagues. He's very talented, but also a WAYS away...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Yeah, the kid's only 19 years old.

I'm just throwing it out there for the fact that some people forget about the other prospect besides Humber/Mulvey.
    -Chris

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Best part of it all was that he did it against the Yankees farm system!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Don't forget Santana is having par-stellar season this year. 7-7? Not overly impressive, but don't forget the season is yet hit the halfway mark. Johan always had his best stuff during the 2nd half. Hold your trade thoughts till after the season.

Gomez is an exciting player, but he is having his share of struggles at the plate but his fielding isn't too shabby but he needs to work on it a little more. I don't know about Mulvey & Humber, I never check them out and their stats. Deolis Guerra, in my opinion, fares a little better than I thought he would do. He's still very young, which I don't mind.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I checked Humber's and Mulvey's stats last night. Humber has an ERA of 4.45 (or close to it) with about 77 innings pitched. Mulvey's ERA is 6. Not sure how many innings though.
    -Chris

According to MiLB.com, Humber only pitched 10 innings less than Mulvey, so he already pitched 72 and you do the math. Mulvey has pitched 82 innings but has a better ERA than Humber's. Henks, u got whose ERAs switched. The ERA of 6 belongs to Humber while Mulvey is hovering in the ERA of 4.

My best guess is that Humber is struggling on his pitches or whatnot since his TJ surgery. The earliest timetable for Humber to be promoted to the Twins is next season, again that is only my best guess. Mulvey, not too bad, though.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

aww crap. good looking out.
    -Chris

Haha, anytime.

MLB ERA

Johan Santana insisted on being traded last winter and the Twins accomodated his demands. Getting the guys they did was pretty good. They replaced Hunter in the lineup and got a pitcher that could eventually replace him in the rotation. Any contributions from Mulvey and Humber are bonuses.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Gomez with another big night! Lovely!

MLB ERA

Santana's W-L is bad, but you also have to remember he has gotten no run support. The guy has a 3.00 ERA, and is top 5 in the NL in K's. He's having a GOOD, not great, season, and hopefully his numbers will only improve second half.

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    He's having a GOOD, not great, season, and hopefully his numbers will only improve second half.
    That's what I was saying.

MLB ERA

Agreed. I'm just saying that if you look at his other numbers, not just W-L, his year actually looks better. But, the point remains the same. Personally, I know I'm still rooting for those guys that we sent to the Twins. Gomez was always my boy...and Humber, Mulvey, and Guerra definitely have some promise.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The trade has definitely paid off in terms that they are doing so well without him. They got rid of that salary and haven't skipped a beat. They are 2.5 games out and Liriano is expected back after the All-Star break. Gomez has been playing great for as young as he is and the pitching they got in return has been decent. Santana is 12th in all of baseball in ERA so he is the same old Santana. This trade has worked out well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast