Thread: Which Twin should go to the ASG?

AA ERA

Which Twin should go to the ASG?

Well with two months in the books, it's time to pick some Twins that you think should go to the ASG. I think the Twins got lot of deserving guys. I am hoping Terry Francona, who will manage the ASG this year, will be more than fair with his selections unlike Torre who made sure the ASG is about spotlighting the New York Yankees. What Torre did last year was inexplicable. I am suprised he picked Joe Nathan last year. Johan and Brad Radke should have been there. Let's hope Terry does not do stupid things.

Anyway, my All-Stars are Johan, Carlos Silva, and Joe Nathan. Those three are more than deserving. I think Joe punched his ticket to the ASG. Johan is probably going to be there for what he did last year. Carlos has had a good run, but there are lot of good AL pitchers out there so he may have had a tough time. I like to pick Justin Morneau for the ASG, but he has been slumping lately. He needs to start hitting for him to get selected.

Justin will get my vote for the ASG because I ain't that impressed with the 1B in the AL.

MLB ERA
    I think that if Morneau and Mauer play like we know they can for the rest of this year, they'll both have a shot at the ASG next season. I don't think either stands a chance this year.

Santana has had a couple rough outtings but overall is what he is.... outstanding. Nathan has slumped a bit lately too, but is definitely deserving of being there. Hunter's defense deserves to get him there, but his bat blows goats.

AA ERA
    Is it me or has Mauer been dissapointing? I am glad he is healthy at least and he has done a great job working with pitchers and blocking the plate. I also like how he throws runners out. With that said, his offense is not what I am expecting.

Torii is lucky that he could play defense and make great catches or else he would be a journeyman like Hocking. I thought Torii would have a better year offensively, but I am convinced that he will never put up good numbers. He will never be mistaken as Kirby when it comes to offense as you said couple of years ago in the old board, Lynch.

Torii will probably never be a All-Star ever again. I hate to say it, but his offense is just not good enough. Outfielders who put better numbers are not going to be denied. Torii's All-Star moment in 2002 was probably something to remember when he made two great catches including robbing Bonds of a HR in that ASG in Milwaukee.

Rookie ERA
    What about Shannon Stewart? He's had a pretty good start to the season.

AA ERA
    Shannon has been playing well lately, but he is not going to be in the ASG

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Justin Morneau is the guy i would think is most likely to go. I think Santana is a lock as well.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Johan because he is pretty well known around the league already.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Santana is a lock. Silva, Radke and Crain have a chance. Crain has a era under 1!! I think he can make it. As for morneau and mauer it will take a year or 2 to get in. Both have been hurt and that will just be the issue to make them waith one more year.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

AA ERA
    I doubt Jesse will be there. Maybe next year.

Carlos could be the odd guy out unfortunately with all the good pitchers in the AL not to mention some teams needs representation like the Indians.

Brad will not be in the ASG and quite frankly, he does not deserve it.