Thread: Twins get swept in 4 by ChiSox for first time in almost 30 yrs

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Twins Twins get swept in 4 by ChiSox for first time in almost 30 yrs

Sickening.

This upsets me. Granted, we have a ton of young new guys, but why must they all slump at once? We aren't going to stay competitive for long if we have 3, 4, even 5 game losing streaks, especially against divisional opponents.

I must say though, the comeback win against Baltimore last week was pretty stellar. I was there. It was dollar a dog night at the dome. Then we went and had some beer...mmmmmm beer.

Anyway, get rid of Monroe, he sucks. Figure something out fast.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Re: Twins get swept in 4 by ChiSox for first time in almost 30 yrs

The thing is the Twins do have some young talent like Young, Mauer, and Mourneau, but they ran into a Whitesox team that has rolled off 7 games in a row I believe and are just way too damn hot right now.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

This club stinks right now. There is NOTHING in the minors that will help! Time has come to start calling teams that need pitching and move a couple in the minors to get a hitter. I am at the point where I wont even look at the standings or game results. I seen all I needed with the first three games of the White Sox series. This club is horrible! Oh the pitching is just as bad if not worse than the hitting.

Gardy might want to start to yell and scream at the player, get kicked out of a game or two! He is way to laid back for me. Yes he grabbed Casilla's jersey a couple days ago, but he was talking to him. I could talk to him. Get you message across to the club!!!

Might be time for Polad's the cheap bastard to spend money! Get what the team needs. Do what Ziggy did for the Vikings, he saw what the club was missing and spent the money to get it! The Vikings will win the championship soon a year or two at best while the Twins or should I say Polad does nothing, except count the billions of dollars he has.

I am sick and tired of how poorly the Twins play! Carl does nothing and runs things as a business which is a f'ning mistake. Sell the club if you cant get the job done! Wish it was football season! There we have a great shot of going somewhere. We will win the division without question.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Bon View Post
    The thing is the Twins do have some young talent like Young, Mauer, and Mourneau, but they ran into a Whitesox team that has rolled off 7 games in a row I believe and are just way too damn hot right now.
    It doesn't matter, you can't just get rolled over like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    This club stinks right now. There is NOTHING in the minors that will help! Time has come to start calling teams that need pitching and move a couple in the minors to get a hitter. I am at the point where I wont even look at the standings or game results. I seen all I needed with the first three games of the White Sox series. This club is horrible! Oh the pitching is just as bad if not worse than the hitting.

Gardy might want to start to yell and scream at the player, get kicked out of a game or two! He is way to laid back for me. Yes he grabbed Casilla's jersey a couple days ago, but he was talking to him. I could talk to him. Get you message across to the club!!!

Might be time to Polad's the cheap bastard spend money! Get what the team needs. Do what Ziggy did for the Vikings, he saw what the club was missing and spent the money to get it! The Vikings will win the championship soon a year or two at best while the Twins or should I say Polad does nothing, except count the billions of dollars he has.

I am sick and tired of how poorly the Twins play! Wish it was football season! There we have a great shot of going somewhere. We will win the division without question.
    I agree with your first paragraph...something has to be done here. Not so sure about the 2nd paragraph, we don't need another Ozzie Guillen in the division (even though it seemed to have worked for his club.) You are correct in your 3rd paragraph, however, Carl isn't really running day to day stuff anymore, it's his son or son-in-law or some BS like that (can I marry into that family please?) Last paragraph is good too, but I'm excited for college hockey/football too.
    -Chris

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Chris,

Gardy does nothing. He sits in the corner of the dugout and does really nothing. When you cant get a message across to your players there is something wrong. I am at the point where following the AAA club might be better than the crap we have in the bigs! I just wish I could find out how to listen to the games via the internet..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I watched the game on MLB.tv today and I did see what you are talking about. Yes, he does need to get fired up every once in a while, but you can't really expect him to be like that every game. He does need to do something, whether it be silent treatment or get in their faces, they need to start winning.
    -Chris

Closed
    AAA ERA

[quote=henks;372817]It doesn't matter, you can't just get rolled over like that.

You can and your team did. As a matter of fact even the Redsox have had it happen to them quite a few times this season as well and I would be far from saying that there team sucks. It happened to them against Tampa Bay, Oakland,Toronto, Baltimore in a short series, and even your Twins beat us 3 out of 4 games. So it happens to every team oput there it is just part of the game. Like you said your team does have some young talent in Morneau, Mauer, Young, Gomex, Casilla, Baker, Slowely, and Blackburn. Give these players a chance to develop together at least it is a good crew of young players to start with. Look at it this way you could be a fan of the yankees with all over the hill players and they still suck.