Thread: Twins are a terrible team!

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins Twins are a terrible team!

Nothing like getting pounded by a division rival! Chicago is downright killing us. Boonser is a joke, gave him a chance in the pen and for an inning and a half or so what I watched he has given up four runs. Bottom of the 8th inning and we had to pull him! Pen is shot and we cant score runs. Hitting wise Young FINALLY hit his 1st home run. Morneau is in a slump. Gomez is doing better than expected. Where is the pitching??????

The hitters as of today.

Gomez CF Playing well.
    Casilla 2nd Does things well but the makes a stupid mistake. IE fly ball in the 7th.
    Redmond C I think more playing time is needed. He is 12-25 vs Buhrle.
    Morneau 1st In a slump! Our one true power guy NEEDS to get going
    Harris SS After a hot start in a slump. Needs to hit towards the top of the order to get better pitches to hit.
    Young LF Starting to hit the ball better with more power. Hope this keeps up.
    Cuddyer RF Injuries hurt him. Now back must start to produce.
    Macri 3rd Kid was finally called up. Plays good in the field. Was a top spec in the Rockies organization. Time will tell on him.
    Monroe DH Struggles way to much. Waste of a signing when others much better were out there. Joe Crede was available!! We should have signed him. He beat us tonight all by himself. 2 homers 6 rbis.
    Mauer C Good player. Great hitter.
    Lamb Great in the field, questionable bat.

Well that's my thoughts on the hitters. Pitching I will do alittle later. We need to make a trade for some power hitters to get in front and behind Morneau. This might help out Morneau and let him not have to carry the team on his back.

Your thoughts?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Re: Twins are a terrible team!

The Twins are 4-4 against the Sox right now. That is not "terrible". The Sox are playing a bit better right now than the Twins are.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Last two games we have been outscore 23-6. I am guessing on that. But when pitching blows and the hitting downright stinks what do you call the team? Winners???
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

I might take a look into Liriano being called up. How much longer will he be at AAA Rochester? Maybe he could be the spark plug this team needs!? Anyone have any soild information to what the Twins will do with him?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

By looking at his stats / starts in AAA, looks like things are getting better. When a guy gets hurt as he did with not a lot of work in camp, struggling is natural. By now I think he is ready for the big league return.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

I don't necessarily disagree with this assessment.
    Liriano has been pitching quite a bit better lately. Here is his page from Minorleaguebaseball.com: Minor League Baseball: Stats: Player
    He is getting stronger with every start. I think the feeling is that he'll be back very soon.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

I hope Liriano comes back soon, he's a great pitcher.