Thread: Carlos Gomez

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Carlos Gomez

Carlos Gomez has a double and a triple in Twins 5-0 win over the first place Royals. Seems like the slump is over and Carlos is starting to drive the ball. For all the crap the Twins took over this deal of trading Johan Santana, I would have to say as of today were looking good.

Here is a look at his 2008 stats.

.326 batting average
    14-43 hitting
    4 rbis
    5 stolen bases
    11 strike outs

The only thing I don't like seeing is all the strike outs. I know the season is only ten games into the season but, with all his speed just slap the ball on the turf IE/ Christian Guzman or Jose Castillo and you would have more hits. Carlos needs to use the turf then the speed takes over and he will be on base more, causing havoc on the base path for the opposing starting pitching.

Finally where is the power Gomez is supposed to have? With all being said I do like Gomez a lot! He will only get better. Things look real good in Minnesota!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Re: Carlos Gomez

Carlos never really showed much power in the majors. And he also wasn't very disciplined, but remember, he's 22. He has room to improve all of these things. He will be a very very good player, that twins fans will enjoy watching for years to come.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Carlos Gomez

Hey mntwinsfan, don't you mean Luis Castillo? Anyway, i agree with you. Consistency and patience is going to be huge with this kid. The more experience he gets, the better he's going to get.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.