Thread: Opening Night in Minnesota

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Twins Opening Night in Minnesota

First,
    how about the standing ovation(s) for Torii? Goes to show that Twins fans are the best fans. He may have left via FA, but he is one of the all-time greats for that organization.
    Second,
    his replacement, Carlos Gomez. Not too shabby in his first game in the dome. On base 3 times, 2 runs, 2 stolen bases, great way to setup the solid core of the Minnesota lineup. The bunt for the base hit was pretty good, too. He still frightens me a bit when he tracks down fly balls in the Dome, but all it takes is practice, right?
    Third,
    Adam Everett, you were almost my new best friend. Bottom half of the lineup was good, I think that Young and Monroe need to take more pitches earlier in the ballgame, that will set them up better, especially when the guy was having a hard time hitting the strike zone.

Minnesota is known for playing small ball, and they definately proved it tonight. They had 4 stolen bases, hit-and-run, solid defense (had a near miss there towards the end with Young/Gomez) but other than that, I'm pretty impressed from what I saw.

I won't get to see games unless they are on national telelvision, since I'm in an out of market area. But from what I saw tonight, they are going to be a good team. Maybe not good enough to win the division this year, or even the next. But give these guys 2-3 years together, watch out. They will bring a lot of wins to that new stadium, that's for sure.

Kudos, Twins. Way to take the first one.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Opening Night in Minnesota

Great start for Gomez. He'll bring a lot of excitement to the dome if he keeps that up.

MLB ERA

I imagine it was a lot of fun for the team to play and win their first one this season. Hernandez did his job, Gomez certainly did what he came in to do. Lamb, Everett, Harris and Young all played pretty well, too.
    Just another day at the office?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Just another day at the office?
    Let's hope so.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Turn 2

I watched some of this game and what I saw from the Twins is a very enthusiastic team that looks like they are going to give it there all each game.