Thread: Wow!

Rookie ERA

Twins Wow!

Twins win in 13! I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't watched the game on my computer. And I'm so glad JJ got the winning hit. He needs something to boost his confidence level.

Looks like Punto is down for awhile with a hamstring injury - hopefully it is not too serious. And Justin has a strained left elbow - let's hope he bounces back soon.

Johan pitched so well - 14 K's and no win - that stinks. Plus we wore out our bullpen and we have the Skankies coming to town - yikes.

Oh well, great game since it is a Twins win and and Indians loss!!!

Go Twins.

AA ERA
    Am I glad the Twins won this game with what transpired today with the injuries. This is a series the Twins really needed to win. Twins could not afford to play the Yankees by losing a series to the Indians or else the Twins would start heading to third place real soon. This was a very big win especially with what the Twins gone through this afternoon. Had they lost this game, oh boy. Heck this feels like a lost with all the injuries. I did not notice about any of the Twins getting hurt till I read your post and the AP writeup.

Joe Mauer and Nick Punto showed again how injury-prone they are. It was a matter of time till those two got hurt. I have had it with Punto. It's one thing or another. Is he this fragile? He comes up with so many injuries. Heck porcelian vase is more tougher than Punto. It stinks to see anyone get hurt and I know Nick is not doing this on purpose, but geez. As for Mauer, I have no idea what the heck happened. The announcers for MLB.com that did MLB.TV never mentioned these guys getting hurt. As for Joe, I think he was taken out of the game for precautionary reason so who knows. He has been missing lot of games lately though and I am not happy about it. Hopefully, this is a day-to-day thing along with Justin. Justin's injury was a freak thing and that's so frustrating. I think they will be back next week, but it will be a miracle if they play in the Yankees series. Yeah they will be missed, but this team is good enough to get the job done against NY.

It was nice to see Jacque come through with a big hit and it was nice to see Lew do his thing. What a year Lew has had, eh.

It was also nice to see Joe homered and Nick get the two-run HR to have the Twins tie it up before they got hurt. It was good to get those runs since the Twins always have problems with Scott Elarton.

Johan struggled in the first three innings, but he came back real strong as the game starting to progress. He had a good outing. 14 Ks. WOW. You can bet on him getting 10 or more Ks a game.

Twins bullpen has been nails all year. I can't say enough about that pen. They never cease to amaze me. I don't think the pen was worn out at all, DG. Those guys pitched 1 inning and they have not been used as much so they should be okay in this series against NY.

This win was bittersweet. Twins won and took the series, but they paid the price for it. That's what made the day tolerable as they won and now behind She-ca-go by 3.5 games out. Most importantly, DG has her bragging rights against her hubby. :-)

I am glad the Twins are done with the Indians till September. It has been great series and you better believe those wins were well-earned. Twins had to bust their tails to get these wins against a good team in the Indians. I am very gratified to see the Twins get those wins because it ain't easy with that team. That team is pretty darn good and you can bet they will be right there in the AL Central race this year. The September series against the Indians will be a darn good one.

I am glad this series is over. Bring on the Pinstripes!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Only 3.5 back from those Chisox. Congrats on a great win.

AAA ERA
    well i wouldnt be to nervous about the yankees coming to town. they just got swept by the royals...