Thread: 6/11/05: Twins/Dodgers

AA ERA

6/11/05: Twins/Dodgers

Twins will continue the weekend series with the Dodgers this evening. Twins came off a horrible loss in which they played awful. The pitching stunk and the defense was pretty bad. Let's hope there won't be a repeat of that tonight and tommorow.

Carlos is on the hill tonight. Let's hope he can get his groundballs well at Dodger Stadium tonight.

Lowe vs. Silva

AA ERA
    What a win! Great job by the good guys. This was more like it. Great pitching, timely hitting, and great defense. That was Twins baseball tonight. This was a great win against a very good team. Let me tell you something. I wasn't secure even when the Twins had a 4-0 lead. I was waiting for something go wrong. This Dodgers team is a very good team as you saw tonight and last night. They play nine innings like the Twins and that's what great teams do. LA scared the hell out of me all night long.

What a night for Justin. Drove in two runs to give them the lead and then the HR. Good to see Justin do well. It seemed Torii and Gardy has certainly fired Justin up and that's a great thing now.

How about Grant Williams? He was fantastic. Two hits tonight. I did not even know he was called up. He has played well in his playing time.

Torii had a great game as he homered. He has been spectecular in the last few weeks. He has had a great West Coast trip.

It was really great to see the offense do its thing again especially against a good pitcher in Derek Lowe. I had a feeling once the weather would get warmer, the bats would start clicking.

Carlos was fantastic despite the fact he was getting hit hard in the fifth and sixth. He was able to get out of jams. His sinker was fantastic which made it easy for Juan and Luis Rodriguez. He got lot of DPs tonight. Very quality start.

How about J.C.! He was huge. 4 Ks tonight. I think he struck out the side in the eighth. It was good to see him step up and give two innings.

Joe was Joe. It was nice to finish it up.

Great defense tonight too. How about Torii making a fantastic catch? How about Jacque banging himself in the wall to make a catch? They make it look so easy that we take it for granted. Those guys sacrifice their bodies to make these catches. That stems from their football mentality as they used to be football players. Still it's hard to do. I have so much respect for our outfielders. They never cease to amaze me.

I gotta give Vin Scully props. He actually took the time to talk about the Twins at depth tonight. He raved about Gardenhire. Raved about the Twins enthauism and approach to the game. He did a great job calling the game tonight.

Very gutty win against a great team and the bonus part of this win was that the SUX LOST so the Twins are now back to 4.5 games out of first as Padres scored two runs in bottom of the ninth to win the game. It has been a great series so far. I can't wait for tommorow.