Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which opposing pitcher in the AL Central do you dislike the most?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    And your support for what Tribe management expects is? Westbrook going into the season was slotted first in the rotation and CC I believe was second but might have been third.

Westbrook was slotted as the 1, because CC was still recovering from surgery. CC is still their most talented pitcher IMO. Cliff Lee was supposed to be the #3.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    Westbrook was slotted as the 1, because CC was still recovering from surgery. CC is still their most talented pitcher IMO. Cliff Lee was supposed to be the #3.
    You may be right about that since he was indeed scheduled to pitch opening day.

Note though he was not recovering from surgery but from a Spring Training muscle injury.

AA ERA
    I am curious to see what patriot thinks of all this. If he thinks that Twins does not own Sabathia, then I will change my mind. Until then, I am going to stick with my guns on this. Knowing patriot, he will agree with me that the Twins own Sabathia.

realmofotalk: Thanks for sharing your opinion even if I disagree with you. You realize that C.C. has lot of no-decisions since the Twins find a way to tie the game against him when he starts against the Twins. Porter defined a definition of a pitcher owning a team as he cited Pedro owning the Mariners. Somehow, I don't see C.C. doing that against the Twins.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Porter defined a definition of a pitcher owning a team as he cited Pedro owning the Mariners. Somehow, I don't see C.C. doing that against the Twins.
    That's why Carsten Charles is mediocre vs. the Twins. C.C. hasn't found a way to dominate the Twins like Pedro against the M's or Roy Oswalt against the Reds. But it's not like the Twins have C.C. numbered every time.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    realmofotalk: Thanks for sharing your opinion even if I disagree with you. You realize that C.C. has lot of no-decisions since the Twins find a way to tie the game against him when he starts against the Twins. Porter defined a definition of a pitcher owning a team as he cited Pedro owning the Mariners. Somehow, I don't see C.C. doing that against the Twins.
    CC has 4 career no-decisions against the Twins two of which occurred this year. On April 17th CC went 5 2/3 inninings and gave up 1 run to the Twins in the Third making the score 1-0. On May 4th he gave up a run in the Third allowing the Twins to tie the game at 1. He allowed 3 more in the Fourth making the score 4-1. He pitched 8 2/3rds with the score tied when he left the game where it remained until the 11th. So in one no-decision this year the Twins scored first against him and he never gave up a Tribe lead. In the other no-decision he had a whopping run run lead that he surrendered and despite being down 4-1 after 4 he went onto pitch more than 4 scoreless innings that allowed the Tribe to tie the game.

In view of the above it seemed like too much trouble to research the other two no-decisions. So if you want to attempt to prove your assertion as true you might want to do the research yourself.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Man i used to hate it when Pedro pitched vs the M's. I STILL DO people around me was happy if we got HITS vs the f**ker.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Speaking of Pedro, what a year he had for the Mets. He has been very good and he has been a good clubhouse leader. When Pedro is on the mound, you know the Mets will win.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123