Thread: 5/31/05: Twins/Indians

AA ERA

5/31/05: Twins/Indians

Twins will finish off a successful month by starting a three-game series with the Indians tonight. This is a start of a big homestand with the hated Indians in town and then the hated Yankees in town. As good as the Twins have played this month, they can still do better and I am hoping this homestand is a start of great things to come.

Twins/Indians has been a fantastic series this year and last week was great baseball. No extracurricular garbage. Just baseball and lot of exciting things. It was fun to watch though it may have been stressing for both fanbases and both clubs that saw this game. I think Twins/Indians is as underrated rivalry in baseball as Twins/Whiney Sux.

Carlos Silva is on the mound. He has been fantastic all season long. He has to get serious consideration for the ASG. His performance speak for itself. His last start against the Indians was awesome. Let's hope he can do anothe encore.

C.C "I hate the Twins" Sabathia is on the hill. I think the Twins know how to beat him just like they know how to beat Buherle. They figured him out and it has to piss the gangsta off.

This is a big series for the Tribe. They got a big week coming up this week with three-game series with the Twins and three-game series with the Sux. Indians need to take both series this weekend if they have any shot of winning the division. They gotta make their run now. I still think it will be a three-team race, but the Indians need to get it done this week. This is an opportunity for them to make a statement.

Sabathia vs. Silva

AA ERA
    Tough loss tonight. Carlos gave up the home runs and it bit the Twins in the butt. Carlos did okay, but the home runs really killed him out there and that was the difference. If a pitcher gives up three home runs in a game, he deserve to lose.

Twins spoiled a great game by Juan Castro tonight. How about the infield defense? Juan and Nick were awesome as they made some great defensive plays.

Gardenhire got tossed tonight. I believe he has gotten tossed a lot this year against the Indians. What happened was this? Silva apparently was throwing at a Indians batter while the home ump Bill Hohn knew something was up so he warned Gardy and Silva. Obviously, Sabathia was chirping all night at the Twins dugout even though I did not see that from watching the game on MLB.TV. Then Sabathia apparently threw at Shannon's direction which is why Silva apparently was trying to gun a Indians batter. Of course, it's all the Twins fault when it comes to incidents. How come the Whiney Sux or the Indians never get blame for this? It seems when the Twins play the Whiney Sux or the Indians, the Twins get warnings and all while the Indians and the Whiney Sux get away with it. I am sick and tired of it. Good for Gardenhire for standing up for the team and for himself.

I thought the offense did enough against the gangsta (Sabathia). Bottom line was that Carlos gave up the home runs.

One of these days, the Twins will beat Bob Wickman. It's amazing how Wickman gets into jams in the ninth yet the Twins can't get it done. So frustrating.

It's a shame tonight's game got ugly with the antics. It did not had to happen. C.C. clearly instigated this and then he said something degratory about the Twins after the game. With that type of attitude, I am suprised he is not playing for the She-ca-go Whiney Sux. He fits well with those punks over in Chicago. I have a feeling that there will be more where it came from in the next two games. I think we are going to see an another ugly brawl. Don't think the Twins have forgotten about this.

Twins gotta win the next two games. They gotta win this series with the Yankees coming to town. I could live with lthen osing to New York, but if they lose to the Indians in this series heading to the NY series, they could be in big trouble.

AA ERA
    Oh yeah. How about TM? TWO SHUTOUT INNINGS. I knew my hero would get it done. Too bad he was not rewarded for a tie game. He was fantastic. It's been awhile since I saw him. Gardy rarely use him for tight games, but he did tonight and it worked out well. I am glad TM was there in a tight spot because I want him to be involved in those games. It's an insult to TM that he is being used for blowout games. TM ought to feel good about himself.

BTW Dick was raving about TM in the eighth inning tonight. Dick talked about how TM was a valuable teammate to the Twins in that inning.

Rookie ERA
    Hi Guys,
    Been away - went to the Indy 500!! What a great race - what a great time too!!

My Twins did OK while we were gone and then had to blow it by losing to those hated Indians. Of course my husband was gloating this morning - ick! We just have to beat Wickman one of these times. We keep getting guys on base - even load the bases at times but just can't seem to push someone in to score.

Let's go Twins - we need to win this series!!!!