Thread: Will You Recognize?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Will You Recognize?

I was just wondering if you fans are going to recognize the '08 Minnesota Twins. The Twins have added Delmon Young, Livan Hernandez, Carlos Gomez, Mike Lamb, Adam Everett, Craig Monroe, Brendan Harris, Jason Pridie, Deolis Guerra, Phil Humber and Kevin Mulvey. And that's only so far. The Astros are probably the only team to have acquired more players this offseason. Despite losing Santana and Hunter who were just huge superstars there, you have to be kind of excited to see all that young talent. I know you guys would have loved to see this team's management make some moves last season when Santana asked for it but that was last season. I was just wondering what the collective pulse of Minnesota fans was thinking.

MLB ERA

Re: Will You Recognize?

The Twins may not contend this season, but by the time their new ballpark opens, they should be pretty good. They have some kids in the minors that are nearly ready.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the team on the field this season, and hopefully will do so in May or June.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

This sounds like my A's...although it looks like you guys will have a better season than us. And lucky you, you're playing probably the toughest division in all of baseball. With that said I still think you guys will pull together a good season.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Here are the issues I have with my club:

1. Loss of Hunter.

To lose you leader was a huge mistake. I dont care of the age and the contract he wanted, Hunter should have received the money. The only reason we took Gomez was because of no Hunter. Twins needed to smarted up and get something but look what happened we got nothing.

2. Loss of Santana

Biggest mistake in Twins Baseball History! You trade away the best pitcher in baseball. Again he was worth the 150 million he signed for in new york. Carl Polad only spends money if he absolutely has to.

3. Carl Polad

This guy needs to leave the team. Sell it off! With the Polads in control we wont be a world series team any time soon. Carl Will not spend on big time players, he prefers to just lose them.

Finally At best this season we will win 73 games. Livan Hernandez is a joke. He will last a month and then minors he will go. Liriano needs to be healthy and become the ace the team is in desperate need of. No ace equals alot of loses.

I do like Young. He will become a better player than Hunter. I just hope he is willing to learn and play hard everyday. If not he will be in the minors. Gardenhire is in for along season with the less than mlb talent this club has. Here is hoping Gardy can get the team to play hard.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan View Post
    2. Loss of Santana

Biggest mistake in Twins Baseball History! You trade away the best pitcher in baseball. Again he was worth the 150 million he signed for in new york. Carl Polad only spends money if he absolutely has to.
    I don't doubt that you hated to see Santana leave, but you contradict yourself when you say he was worth the 150 million he got from New York but at the same time you called him a greedy bastard for not taking the 80 million offered to him from the Twins.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

We have an owner that is a billionaire but he does not like to spend it. Was my entire point. I think if we have it (money) Santana should have been signed.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

mn, I will go out on a limb and say the Twins will win at least 12 more games than you expect them to. I think this team will win at least 85 games, but not be in contention after the trading deadline. They might, however, make a deal or 2. The biggest hole I see on the team remains at 3B. I don't think Mike Lamb is the guy the Twins need there and Buscher isn't ready to be the main guy. I'd like to see them bring someone else in, but the question is "Who?". Joe Crede could be available, but I don't see the White Sox making a deal within the division. Brandon Inge could be available, as could Mark Teahen, but not within the division, either.
    This team has some talented youngsters that need a chance to show their stuff and this may be the year for them to do so.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon