Thread: Joe Mauer

Joe Mauer

What are your thoughts on him? Is he an injury prone player or not?

AA ERA
    bwitty: Joe is a great player and a good catcher. We know what he can do. Unfortunately, his health and his knee is going to be an issue for a long time. That's my concern. For whatever reason, I think he will be injury prone. There is a reason why Ron Gardenhire is going to have 4 catchers because he has his doubts on Joe being healthy.

I really hope he is not injury-prone because the Twins invested a lot of money in him not to mention he can be a huge contributor for the Twins.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins

There is no reason for 4 freaking catchers! I dont care of the health of Mauer we need to see him play 3 is more than enough. We could use a infield help. I think Mauer will play 80% of the games. We will be more than fine. I hope the season will be a great one for us Twins.

Jason

Go Twins
    Last edited by mntwinsfan; 04-03-2005 at 09:08 PM.

From what I have see Joe Mauer isn't injury prone, he has had one injury right? Joe Mays had one injury and was out longer then Mauer and is doing great now so Mauer is probably gonna move to 3rd and play great. It would be one thing if he got injured in the minors a bit but he didn't.

MLB ERA
    Said before, Mauer no catch. Him hurt to catch.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by mntwinsfan
    There is no reason for 4 freaking catchers!
    When I said that statement about why there is a reason why the Twins need 4 catchers, it's because Gardenhire wanted more reinforcements in that position. Lecroy is the 4th catcher and he is a emergency catcher. I have no idea why the Twins consider Matty Lecroy as a catcher. He is not a catcher especially after what I saw from him last year at that position in a game at Baltimore on Memorial Day weekend last year in which he could not catch the ball from the pitcher and where he miss the cutoff throw from the outfielder last year. Hell I am not even sure why Matty is on the team period. There is no reason to why we need 4 catchers where we can have three in Joe, Mike Redmond, and Corky. Matty does not count as a catcher so that was a waste of a roster spot. As for having Corky have on the team, I have no problem with him being there. I have a problem with inserting Matty as the emergency catcher. I don't want him to catch period let alone be on the team.

What infield help do the Twins need? I think they are fine there. We got Terry Tifee as a backup to Michael Cuddyer and I am sure Nick Punto and Juan Castro will be fine as backups. If Rivas really stink it up, we can have Terry start at third and move Michael to second. Rivas can be the defensive replacement in late innings. I think we are more than okay in the infield.

Patrick Reusse gave you a good explaination to why the Twins are carrying more catchers.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/508/5321678.html
    Last edited by Steak; 04-04-2005 at 02:18 AM.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauersota
    From what I have see Joe Mauer isn't injury prone, he has had one injury right? Joe Mays had one injury and was out longer then Mauer and is doing great now so Mauer is probably gonna move to 3rd and play great. It would be one thing if he got injured in the minors a bit but he didn't.
    I believe Joe Mauer reinjured himself again last year. He came back too soon I think last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    I believe Joe Mauer reinjured himself again last year. He came back too soon I think last year.
    Oh I thought he was injured then he just made it worse.

MLB ERA
    I was disapointed with the loss today. We did not hit. Radke throws two bad pitches to Sexson and it is 5-0.

I say we win tomorrow. Santana is onthe mound. 1-1 here we come..

First week or so don't mean too much. Pitchers are just getting use to going 6+ innings, hitters are getting use to seeing better pitchers and not pitching prospects. And then everyone is just getting use to everything again.

MLB ERA
    He played two games in a row at catcher. I think he is fine. I have not heard anything different. So I figure he will catch 4-5 games a week. 75-80% of the games I think he will play.

What do you guys think? Any word on Morneau? He was hit in the head by Valone yesterday. I can't find anything yet.

Jason
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL