Thread: Twin's Problems

MLB ERA

Twin's Problems

Now that Hunter's gone, who is going to play CF? Lets say that the Twins don't go out and trade for a big time CF then I think Jason Tyner would be their best option. He hit .286 last year, and he has good set of wheels. The only down side is his power, or lack there of, but when have the Twins really relied on the long ball? Maybe they'll slot him in at CF and not worry about it and worry more about their major problems such as 3B and DH. Or the Twins could go out and try to aquire Aaron Rowand which would be a great move for this club. But what about 3B? How Cabrera down in Florida? They are looking for pitching in return for him and with this the Twins could get a young proven third baseman with proven power and a great average. That could be a great move for the Twins to go out and make an effort to snag him. Either way the Twins have some troubles this years (as do all the teams) but I am just looking for some comments on this from our Twins fans here on the board.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Re: Twin's Problems

There is some thinking that Denard Span will be ready to play CF for the Twins as soon as this season, but I tend to agree that the best internal option is Jason Tyner.
    Aaron Rowand would be great, and should come to the Twins for less than they were willing to spend on Hunter.
    As to Cabrera, I would think his value would be as a DH, not as a 3B, although he's likely to remain at 3rd for the short-term. I prefer other options to him, as his price is a bit high for the Twins liking.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins just dont want to spend. Figure we have about 17 million to spend a year on players. Thats what Santana turned down. We need to get something done. IF Santana leaves via trade were going to fill the team needs.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

I would like to see Jason Tyner get 600 AB without an extra-base hit.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Jason Tyner is atrocious.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.