Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Twins Off-Season

MLB ERA

Twins Twins Off-Season

What moves should the team make?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Re: Twins Off-Season

Trade Santana to the Yankees.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Who would the Yankees give up? Hughes and Chamberlin plus a lot of cash?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

**** no, you can have Jose Molina.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

The Twins don't need another journeyman catcher. They have Mike Redman now and he is a better option for them than Jose Molina is. Now Jorge Posada, on the other hand (along with the 2 afore mentioned pitchers) would make the deal worth doing.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Twins Re: Twins Off-Season

That's tough to say, really. It all depends on how much the Pohlads are going to want to spend, and what the organization is looking for. Do they want to spend the money and resign Hunter and/or Santana? Or let them both go by free agency and start fresh with new faces? Does Silva deserve a 4 yr deal? There's a lot on the plate of the new GM Bill Smith.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Silva with a 4 yr deal? Gross. Posada is a FA. If the Twins traded Santana to the Yanks then Hughes, Chamberlain, and Shelley Duncan better be involved. Twins shouldn't do it and won't IMO. The Twins need to get a serious DH and a replacement for CF. Pitching wise they need more starters.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Rumor is that the Twins have offered Silva a 3 yr deal worth about 7 mill a season. He wants at least 4 years, so who is going to give in?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Let his ass walk if he wants that many years. He would be a number 5 starter on the Giants. No number five guy should get that mush money.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

That is because Silva is NOT that good and he wants to make sure he can cash in with the big $$$ for as long as he can. I say 3-year @ 7 million is more than a fair offer for him.

He should be excited that the Twins offered him that much.

If I was in the front office, I would say take it or leave, that is as good as it gets!!

Cut him loose!!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I completely agree with you, 3 yrs for 7 mill a piece isn't bad at all. Granted, Silva did not have hardly any run support last season, so that definately hurt his record. He allowed 99 runs in 202 innings pitched, and his WHIP is something like 1.163. I think it's a fair offer that he should take. He's not a bad pitcher, and with some run support he could help out the Twins' rotation, whether we keep Johan or not.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Twins Off-Season

what was his E.RA last year?

every team has one or two pitchers that don't get run support. Then you have those guys who get ample support, the Brewers had Claudio Vargas.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

If i remember right, his ERA is right around 4.13 or something like that. But the Twins just could not score when he was on the bump. If the Twins decide that they are not going to re-sign Johan, they have, HAVE to get Silva back. Yeah, he's not the greatest, but with Liriano back (100%?), and Garza, Baker, who's going to fill those other two slots? Maybe I'm just getting ahead of myself.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Boonser and Slowey would do the job just fine. Santana will be back, if we do trade him think of the pitching we will recieve.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Bonser and Slowey will be alright next year, but they are going to have to step up a little bit.

As of yet, Hunter has not recieved an offer from the Twins. The club has until the end of the WS to resign him, then he's gone. I would LOVE to see them keep Johan and Hunter, but i don't see that as a feasible option if the owner isn't going to open his wallet.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast