De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Twins Off-Season

Punto is most likely going to SS.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Punto needs to leave the Twins. After the next deal of either Santana or Nathan we will get the players needed and Punto can be sent packing.

Harris is our new Shortstop by the way.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

As far as who will be SS, Alexi Casilla played there in the minors and could play there again. Harris wouldn't be a bad choice, either. Punto will get his AB's as a utility player and might just find his batting eye again.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Harris is better suited for second. Punto should move to SS for now but I can see them getting a possible SS in a deal fro Santana or Nathan. Casilla should start the year in AAA.

MLB ERA

I hear the Mets have declared Jose Reyes "untouchable", and the Yankees have said the same about Robinson Cano. Maybe the Red Sox will include Dustin Pedroia in the deal for Johan?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Pedroia is an untouchable as well. Boston is not that desperate for pitching.

MLB ERA

The Red Sox are gaining in the sweepstakes to get Johan. Here is a story: The Official Site of Minnesota Twins: News: Minnesota Twins News

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Just give them the ring.

MLB ERA

That would be my assessment as well.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cardinals designated outfielder John Rodriguez for assignment.
    Rodriguez hit .298/.378/.434 in 332 at-bats with the Cardinals in 2005 and 2006, but he didn't make the team last spring after the misguided Preston Wilson signing and he got hurt in Triple-A. Some team might want him as a fourth outfielder.
    No rumor here but I think the Twins need to take a look at Rodriguez. He is a good OFer who hits for a decent average. He's hard to strike out and given the ABs he could hit 15+ HRs. John also possesses a .298 average and a .378 OBP at the big league level. He could at least battle with Monroe for the 4th OFer spot. I would love the Giants to pick him up but we already have 19 OFers. Royals, Braves, Cubs and Oakland might want to take a chance on him. Just a thought.

MLB ERA

That would make the trade for Monroe unnecessary in retrospect. I liked the kid when he made his big splash a couple of years ago and see that he could help the Twins a bit.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Reports are saying they might just non tender Monroe anyway if he doesn't accept a major pay cut. He made $4.8 mil last season and we all know he isn't worth that. It's not like the Twins gave up anything of value for him, just a player to be named later.

MLB ERA

That would be an interesting move, and I agree that he should not make $4.8M next season. His production does not warrant such a salary. I would not mind a heavily incentive-laden contract with a possibility of him making this sort of salary if he hits well enough.
    John Rodriguez would come much cheaper than that and the production could be about the same.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Twins Re: Twins Off-Season

We got Monroe for a PTBNL from the Cubs. If the Twins end up getting a deal done for Santana, I can be pretty sure that it will include an outfielder. If it ends up being a marquis (used loosely) outfielder, ie Ellsbury or Melky Cabrera, what was the point of trading for Monroe in the first place? To get a 4th OF? The Twins already have Kubel, Ford, and numerous prospects that could fill that slot. That's being said that Young is going to be put into a starting role. I guess I'm just not seeing where management is going to go with this.

Here's something interesting:
    The Oakland Athletics won't move coveted starters Dan Haren or Joe Blanton until they hear offers from the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox. And they won't hear those offers until Santana, the Minnesota Twins' fireballing left-hander, is dealt either to the Yankees, Red Sox or some 11th-hour suitor.
    Link: Santana has everybody else playing second fiddle - MLB Experts Blog - MLB - Yahoo! Sports
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast