Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Twins Off-Season

MLB ERA

Re: Twins Off-Season

Wouldn't that be fun? Baldelli could be the DH, Crawford could play CF, with a bit of help defensively from the other outfielders and Upton could start off at 3B. I could see him moving to CF in the future if Macri can make it as a 3B, or the Twins come up with a better option there.
    By the way, I think I'd go Santana, Shields, Kazmir then whomever and whomever. That would be a decent start to a rotation and the Rays wouldn't miss the players they trade for Santana with their farm system
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

So this is rumors? Or has there been talks between the two teams? If this was a proposed deal I would send Santana in a heartbeat for this deal. But I doubt Santana would want to go to Tampa..
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No Santana has not been rumored to go to Tampa but he has been rumored to go to NY for Cano and Phillips. Interesting scenario.

MLB ERA

I've seen a story about Santana going to the Yankees for Chamberlin and/or Hughes and/or Kennedy, plus some cash. That would help the Twins more than the Yankees. The Twins would get 2 usable starters for one very good one.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

A person familiar with Minnesota's operations told Newsday that the Twins would likely ask for Robinson Cano in a Johan Santana deal with the Yankees.
    Phil Hughes and Cano for one year of Santana? The only way it could possibly be worth it is if Santana agrees to a long-term deal as part of a trade, and we're still quite a ways off from finding out whether the Twins would give teams a window to sign him before finalizing a deal.
    Here's where I saw the story. The Yanks would indeed give Santana a long term deal. Cano would go well with Mauer and Morneau.

MLB ERA

Cano would be a nice fit in a Twins' uni. Phil Hughes could be a very good pickup as well. Cano could lead off and Hughes would likely be the #2 starter behind Liriano.
    Interesting thought.
    That fills a hole that may need to be filled -- 2B, but does nothing to adress the other needs, namely 3B and CF. I guess Tyner could play CF and hit 2nd. Then the Twins need to find a 3B, but that is being discussed elsewhere. Possibly Alexi Casilla could play there?

MLB ERA

In a deal that most will consider a minor one, the Twins picked up Craig Monroe from the Cubs for the "player to be named". It will be interesting to see which players the Twins have offered to make this deal go through. Jason Jones?

MLB ERA

ESPN was talking about Johan tonight and it was speculated that he will remain with the Twins until at least the trade-deadline next season. Teams always need a great starter and he could provide the boost that a team needs to make it to (and through) the post-season next year. Also, the Twins can ask for the moon at that time and someone will give it to them.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

According to the Boston Globe, "talks appear to be intensifying between the Red Sox and Twins about a deal involving Coco Crisp."
    Crisp has been linked to the Twins all offseason and the Red Sox have no doubt made him available with the emergence of Jacoby Ellsbury. Minnesota has plenty of young pitching to deal.
    Crisp would provide great defense but will lack the run production this team needs. If I were the Twins, I wouldn't give up anything of much value for him.

MLB ERA

I've always liked Coco Crisp, but would not give more than a class A pitching prospect for him.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

If the Twins deal Johan Santana, Joe Nathan will likely be the next out the door, according to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal.
    The Twins could still contend next year without Santana and Hunter if everything breaks right, but they may be better off long-term if they rebuild with 2009 in mind. If they go in that direction, it only makes sense for them to trade Nathan sooner rather than later. The Brewers could offer Corey Hart or a package built around Bill Hall. And we suppose a true blockbuster with both Santana and Nathan going to the Yankees or maybe the Red Sox can't be completely ruled out.
    Good grief! If I were a Twins fan I would be burning crosses in Pohlad's yard if this were true. The Twins practically robbed the Giants when they got Nathan, Liriano and Bonzer.

MLB ERA

The Twins could do worse than to trade Joe Nathan to the Brewers for Bill Hall, Corey Hart and/or other players. The Brewers have some talent to move and one of the guys, Brad Nelson, might have some value to the Twins. He is from northern Iowa and grew up cheering for the Twins, from what I understand.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It is already being rumored the Giants will be in the Nathan talks. I don't think the Giants can take another ass ramming from the Twinkies.

MLB ERA

Well, the Twins pulled the trigger on a pretty significant trade, and got better in the process. Here is a story: The Official Site of Minnesota Twins: News: Minnesota Twins News
    Picking up Delmon Young is not a bad idea, even though giving up Bartlett and Garza isn't something I will like.
    As far as the Giants getting into the "Nathan" sweepstakes, we'll see what happens, won't we?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Question still remains, who will play CF? Young isn't CF material.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast