Well the first quarter of the season is over so it's time to hear your thoughts on the 2005 Twins so far. Overall, I think they have done a good job. Sure there has been times I have been very frustrated and sure there has been times where I thought the season is over. With that said, they have one of the best records in the AL and they are leading in the wild-card race. Twins should also be very thankful to be 5 games out. They should be 8 or 10 games out for first. The fact the Sux has played so well yet only have first place for five games is a good thing. With that said, the Twins need to play a lot better than they are capable off especially offensively. Jim Souhan talks about how this is the year the Twins offense was going to break out. I am still waiting. I will give them till August.

The reason why the Twins have a great record is because of their pitching. Their starters has been good. Johan is Johan. Brad has been solid. Carlos is having a great start and a chance to be in the ASG. Joe Mays has been a great story. Kyle Lohse is Kyle Lohse. Their bullpen has been great.

Overall, I give them a B. With that said, they gotta play a lot better. They have survived so far. The team needs to heat up offensively. They have to do better than they are capable off. If this team is winning a championship, the offense really need to be better. I still have faith in them. What choice do I have? You know the pitching will be good. I am hoping the offense heats up and Kyle Lohse start pitching well by the time the All-Star Break.

Grades:
Offense: C
Pitching: B+
Coaching: B
First Quarter Grade: B