Thread: Jason Bartlett

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Jason Bartlett

Sorry for asking such a question, but why did he get demoted to Rochester? I went to today's Red Wings game and suprisingly he started at SS. He didn't get any hits, made a mistake on a double play and over threw a throw to first base, so i kinda figured he was frustrated being send down. But i remember so much good stuff about him in spring training on how he suprised everyone and is the FUTURE and the NOW of SS in Minny. What happened??

AA ERA
    Jason got demoted because he needed playing time and he was not going to get it with the Twins considering that Juan Castro was starting to field well and get some big hits. Juan has played well as he is now the everyday SS indefinitely. Juan has earned his playing time. It's one thing for Jason Bartlett to slump, but if he is not playing good defense, he was going to sit. Gardenhire puts lot of premium on defense especially up the middle in SS and 2B.

I am still hoping Jason plays a big role for the Twins this year. It's important that he develops as a player. The guy can play. He just needs to believe in himself and keep working. From what you told me about Jason's performance in Rochester is very dissapointing, Morneau. I hope Jason can get it together. They need him.