Thread: Is this offense going to be the way it is?

AA ERA

Is this offense going to be the way it is?

Jim Souhan was talking about how this is the year the offense was supposed to break out since 1991. I am still waiting. This offense has been a huge dissapointment overall. I expected a lot of better from this offense. Sure they have been good in spurts, but it's frustrating when the hitters can't do much against unheralded pitchers. I don't know if it's the cold weather that is affecting the hitters. Maybe that's it considering lot of teams are scuffling out there.

I know Justin will get it going for sure. Joe will eventually heat up. Micahel Cuddyer is starting to play a lot better. Lew has been a very consistent hitter. That's a good reason to be optimistic. On the other hand, I expected Torii to have a very big year after the postseason he has had. He has not done much at all. That's very dissapointing to me.

It's a good thing the pitchers have carried the Twins overall or they would be in a lot of trouble. I am willing to be patient for two more months, but if I don't see improvements, I am convinced what we see is what we are going to get.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Jim Souhan was talking about how this is the year the offense was supposed to break out since 1991. I am still waiting. This offense has been a huge dissapointment overall. I expected a lot of better from this offense. Sure they have been good in spurts, but it's frustrating when the hitters can't do much against unheralded pitchers. I don't know if it's the cold weather that is affecting the hitters. Maybe that's it considering lot of teams are scuffling out there.

I know Justin will get it going for sure. Joe will eventually heat up. Micahel Cuddyer is starting to play a lot better. Lew has been a very consistent hitter. That's a good reason to be optimistic. On the other hand, I expected Torii to have a very big year after the postseason he has had. He has not done much at all. That's very dissapointing to me.

It's a good thing the pitchers have carried the Twins overall or they would be in a lot of trouble. I am willing to be patient for two more months, but if I don't see improvements, I am convinced what we see is what we are going to get.
    I've been suprised with the play of Micheal Cuddyer. I don't know why Morneau or Ford have not stepped up their games yet. They need better play from the youngsters, like Ford, Justin and they need better play from their SS. Cristian Guzman wasn't the best, but Bartlett or Castro havn't done much either.

But with the offense playing poorly, being only 6 games behind Chicago is not too bad.

AA ERA
    Justin has been slumping lately though he broke out in a big way Tuesday night as he got that three-run double to give the Twins the win. Let's hope he gets it going. Lew has been so consistent. You can make a case that he is the Twins consistent hitter. I am sort of dissapointed with Joe Mauer, but then again this is his first full year so I can't expect much from him. Hopefully, he will get hot later this year.

BTW, make it 5 games behind She-ca-go as the Sux lost last night to the Angels.