Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just some Twins rumors

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Just some Twins rumors

Pssst: Twins first baseman Justin Morneau, who has 101 runs batted in this season, would be interested in a six-year contract if it's agreeable to both sides.

Whether the Twins trade two-time Cy Young Award winner Johan Santana this winter could depend on whether they are willing to give him six years or more on a contract extension rather than the five they're expected to offer.

There's little doubt that 2008 will be Twins closer Joe Nathan's last season in Minnesota.
    http://www.twincities.com/walters/ci...nclick_check=1

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Just some Twins rumors

Twins have a delicate situation here with Santana, Morneau, Mauer and Nathan.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

True..

I see this, Santana will be traded as I see it. He will become a f'ing Yankee. Twins would get Phillip Hughes and others. Nathan will be traded. Neshek is ready to take the closer roll over. Mauer (as much as I hate him now) will be here. I can't stand the way he is babying his injuries! Morneau without a question will be here. He will be the main piece to build around when the new stadium opens.

ON A BRIGHTER NOTE:

Liriano will be pitching off a mound in November!!! Things are going good in his rehab. I am excited about this. To me Liriano was going to be better than Santana before the injury. Liriano will be our ace.

I see this as the staff by next season if we deal Santana.

Liriano
    Phillip Hughes (-- trade from yanks for Santana
    Garza
    Slowey
    Baker or Blackburn

Could very well be one of the best rotations in the game within a year or two if all works into place. If Santana stays it would be even better!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

If you are trading Santana, you better be asking teams for guys superior to Phillip Hughes. So far, not that impressed. Better be asking the moon.

MLB ERA

I am sure we will if that's the case. I am just saying hughes would be the starting point if we would send him to the Yankees.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

And I'm saying Hughes isn't even the best they have. The Twins can have much better.

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    And I'm saying Hughes isn't even the best they have. The Twins can have much better.
    With Ryan resigning from the GM position and under this new GM, it increases our chances to be likely getting Hughes, if it happens. You will never know what they got up into their sleeves.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I bet Nathan will stay. I believe if we decide to part ways we have to pay him 1 million otherwise we have a 6 million dollar option on him.

As for Morneau, I bet we will lock him up after next year. He is still in arbitration, although he is estimated to go from like 4.5 to like 7 mil, so we better get him locked up before his arbitration hits 10 mil. Otherwise we are screwed.

MLB ERA

nice to see you post finally! What about the Santana rumors?
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

If you are talking about the rumors with this Reyes-Santana deal with the Mets. I think Omar would be beyond stupid to deal Reyes. They have him locked up at a cheap price for the next 3-4 years and he is an MVP caliber player (although he finished the season in a slump).

Now from a Twins standpoint, I would be all over it. Yeah we lose Santana, but getting Reyes would be amazing. Then we could keep Hunter and just look for a 3B and DH. But I think it's all just a rumor started by our friend Buster Olney over at ESPN. So don't get your hopes up.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Just some Twins rumors

I firmly believe that the Twins can get more than just Hughes. Hughes is a nice young star, but Santana is one of the elite players in the MLB, and they need to get the best deal possible in reutrn. I understand payroll is an issue in Minnesota, but the Twins just don't want to give him away either.

I personally can't see the Mets giving up Reyes, but they definitely need pitching. They should get a pitcher in return also.

MLB ERA

Here is a rumor for everyone to consider. How about Craig Monroe coming over as a FA? He could play a bit in left and be the full-time DH. He has a career average over .300 in the Dome with some pop in his bat. He'd be relatively cheap as well.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

I wouldn't mind him coming over as a DH/LF. .300 avg in the dome sure would help. LOL.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Come on catman, the Twins have to do better than Craig Monroe!! Getting Monroe is like having another Kubel. The Twins wouldn't be any better. DH's are a dime a dozen and can do a lot better than Monroe.

MLB ERA

With the history the Twins have in acquiring a full-time DH recently, Craig Monroe would be an upgrade.
    In retrospect, I think the Twins would have been well advised to have signed Frank Thomas prior to the 2006 season. He was interested in playing for the Twins and would have been within their payroll constraints. He would likely have added a couple of wins to their total and could have helped them in the playoffs that season. Had he been there going into this past season, he'd have likely been willing to stay.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast