Thread: Twins Notes

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Twins Notes

The Twins have announced that they have dropped Lew Ford, Josh Rabe and Tommy Watkins from their 40-man roster. Ford and Rabe will become FA's, while Watkins will probably get a MLC and be a Spring Training invitee.

Also, Luis Rodriguez was claimed off waivers and is headed to SD.

I personally think it was about time to get rid of Lew. He was going to get around 900K this year, which is a waste of money for a guy who is terrible. So put that 900K into the Santana sweepstakes.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Twins Notes

good move there. We lose nothing of value. Now if we could get ride of Nick Punto!!!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Re: Twins Notes

As long as Nick is willing to play for the major league minimum, he can stay. 2006 showed that he can play pretty well when given a chance. I'm willing to believe this year was just an "off" year. He can take Luis Rodriguez' place as a utility player that gets ABs every 3rd game or so.
    By the way, for those wondering where I've been, my computer crashed and its taken me a bit of work to get back online. Lots of Microsoft patches had to be downloaded to bring it back to this point. I'll be here once in a while.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon