Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just some Twins rumors

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Just some Twins rumors

Sure Frank Thomas would have been nice so to make up for it go out and get Monroe? There are guys out there who can help a lot more than Monroe as a full time DH. Getting Monroe sends a bad message to the team.

MLB ERA

Whom would you suggest? Remembering that the Pohlads treat each dollar as though it was one of their children.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

One guy who I think would thrive in the DH role would be Nomar. He isn't going to cost much and needs to realize he is no longer a full time player. Plus he could help at SS, 3b and 1b if need be. This is just off the top of my head.

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    One guy who I think would thrive in the DH role would be Nomar. He isn't going to cost much and needs to realize he is no longer a full time player. Plus he could help at SS, 3b and 1b if need be. This is just off the top of my head.
    Nomar would make an excellent DH. He hits for a nice average, and has some power to go along with it.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Just some Twins rumors

Nomar would be a nice #3 or #5 hitter in the Twins lineup. He still has some hitting left in him. He is a veteran that will not cost an arm and a leg either.

Here a couple other names that may interest the Twins and probably not demand a high price in return are a couple of Brewers (Mench or Gross). Mench has DH written all over him especially!!! Just another couple names thrown out there for the Twins off the top of my head.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Who knows? With the way things are going in St. Louis, Dave Duncan could be fired and Chris may not want to stay there and push for a trade. They don't really need him anymore with Ankiel.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

That is a possibility too, reefer.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Duncan would be a good fit. Nomar would be to much cash wise to get. Remember this is Carl "tight pockets" Polad. All we need is a guy that has home run power that can hit to right field over the baggie.

With Mauer,Morneau,Nathan,Santana,Hunter all in need of contracts I see little if any money being spent elsewhere, We have the CHEAPEST owner in baseball. IF Hunter is gone, I sure would like the Twins to get Rowland. He would be the perfect player at cf for us.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Rowand would cost a lot more than Nomar.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Rowand would be the perfect fit. He would not want 15 million a year that Hunter wants. Nomar could dh as well. There would be two area that would be solved for awhile.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

After the year Rowand had in the 2007 season, I would NOT be so sure of that. I would put him in the elite category of current CFers right now.

MLB ERA

Rowand would likely come to the Twins pretty cheaply, just to run the White Sox noses in it. He's a tough player that plays hard and could step into Torii's spot in the lockerroom. Nomar is a guy that I am not sure about. He's getting a bit old and has had injury problems landing him on the DL at least once a season for the past few years.
    Mench would be strictly a DH. His days in the field are over, or at least should be. He has a plus arm, but takes terrible routes to balls in the gap and is not able to field the ball on the ground the way he once did.
    Chris Duncan is interesting. He can run a bit, has a bit of pop in his bat and can play in the field.
    Some guys to think about, I suppose.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

still can't see Rowand in a Twins uniform even if he does want to stick it to the Sox. But, then again, I could be wrong, Lord knows that I have been wrong before, and I know I will be wrong again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12