Thread: Twins @ Tribe

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Twins @ Tribe

Here we go Twins fans. A must win series here! This is where we can cut the lead to a possible 2.5 games. Tigers are still playing bad. Looks like the wild card will not be a AL Central team so we must continue playing great baseball. Nothing like going into Baltimore and sweeping them.

Mauer needs to be ready for the series. White hit a home run today... Finally!! Anyways if the Twins are still contenders a series win vs Cleveland is a must!

Go Twins!!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Re: Twins @ Tribe

Just a couple of days ago you were saying stick a fork in the Twins.....Suprisingly though the Twins could very well sweep this series and draw 2.5 games behind the Indians for first.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

This is why I have not given up on the team, just yet. They are a very resilient bunch of players with Torii Hunter as their leader on the field. He may not be happy with the management for their lack of movement at the trade-deadline, but his professionalism won't allow him to mail it in. He is going to give it his best the rest of the season, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit 35+ homers and drive in 130 runs.
    Johan should win another 5 games as well and if Bonser, Baker and Garza can improve and Silva continues to pitch as well as he has lately, it isn't out of the realm of possibility that the Twins could win the division.
    This series will tell me if the team feels it can win the division or not.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

I don't understand this lack of roster movement by our team management, either. They is doing what they're supposed to do in the last part of regular season, playing well and don't give up even when we're 5 games back. The strategy is keep winning, but Cleveland has gotten the best of us this year so I think it's gonna be a battle.

I'm impressed with Jason Bartlett this month. Hunter, too but as of late. I think he should be awarded as the Twins' Player of Month (not the American League), because his BA improved significantly. He has found his comfort zone. He's hitting much better unlike Nick Punto! I hope that will carries this kind of streak into next season.

Hunter is a professional. He is with the Twins as a player longer than most of his teammates. He knows what he's doing.

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

True fact for tonight:

The starting lineup tonight has the total of 21 HRs in the month of August (so far). Cleveland, 11, & Minnesota, 10.

MLB ERA

So we need a win tonight to start things in the right direction and a Tiger loss would be huge. Lets go Twins!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

Bench Warmer
    Rookie ERA

We're done.

Johan Santana completes the first inning with 41 pitches with 4 earned runs.

MLB ERA

He along with the Twins flat out are not putting the effort out. I would have to say that by the way there playing the season is over. Polad you cheap bastard catch the drift here? You did nothing again and the Twins players responded the best they could by blowing a KEY series vs the Indians!
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

MLB ERA

Tough loss for the Twins tonight, its not often you see Johan give up 6 runs in the first inning. Your right though it does really look like they are playing like the season is over, its starting to look like it though.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

He only gave up 4 runs. The thing that I question is the homeruns Santana is giving up. I might get his confused with Carlos Silva. Santana has never pitched so bad ever. With the lack of moves to get us better, has made the Twins lose games we should have won.

If the team was mine to run, I would start to call the kids up from AAA and bench guys that are not performing up to standards. Punto/White/Rincon to name three should be sent to AAA. Oh add Cali to the list. Call the kids up now. Season is finished.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL